new to vettes

vettesam

got into vettes about a year or so ago, all the credit for that goes to rolling thunder. i love vettes, and rolling thunder introduced me to my first corvette, a 1970 454 car, it has been wrecked, but i do autobody repair for a living.

Welcome to the motley crew of the good ship Flying Dutchmen....

more smarts here than anywhere about vettes....

:harhar::harhar::trumpet:

Welcome Sam, So you bought Mike's (from Tenn) wrecked 70?? That's one hell of a starter vette if it is:thumbs: Back in 2003 Dave introduced me to Corvette forums. That was many $$$$ ago. Get ready. :bonkers:

Bullshark

Last edited:
Welcome Sam, So you bought Mike's (from Tenn) wrecked 70?? That's one hell of a starter vette if it is:thumbs: Back in 2003 Dave introduced me to Corvette forums. That was many $$$$ ago. Get ready. :bonkers:

Bullshark
yes bullshark, i'm the guy that ended up with mike's vette, it is an amazing car, i got it home from dave's last night, i'll only be messin with it just little bits until dave and i get his rolling thunder project wrapped up. it's only money right lol. i find something new and exciting everytime i give the 70 a lookin over.:yahoo: mike built a truely amazing corvette, and i'm very excited to be writing the next chapter of the cars life.

sam :censored: riley

Bullshark
yes bullshark, i'm the guy that ended up with mike's vette, it is an amazing car, i got it home from dave's last night, i'll only be messin with it just little bits until dave and i get his rolling thunder project wrapped up. it's only money right lol. i find something new and exciting everytime i give the 70 a lookin over.:yahoo: mike built a truely amazing corvette, and i'm very excited to be writing the next chapter of the cars life.

sam :censored: riley

How about some pictures?

this is a picture from the previous owner, mike, he built an amazing car
MikescarJuly220070241.jpg

and this is the way that i recieved the car
mikestotaledcar0161.jpg
mikestotaledcar0051.jpg

Yea, I remember the vehicle. It was so sad when he wrecked it.

I "T-boned" a Datsun in '73 ( blew the whole front off the vette-put a 67 front end on it ) and I still have the car. Looking foward to seeing what you are going to do with it.:beer:

Did you buy the whole car? From wat I followed "over yonder" his wife was parting it out (at least the posts were made by his wife, Jamie I think it was)

Did you buy the whole car? From wat I followed "over yonder" his wife was parting it out (at least the posts were made by his wife, Jamie I think it was)

rolling thunder bought the car, he is using the chassis in his project, and has given me his old chassis and the body from mike's car, and yes his wife jamie had mentioned parting it out if it hadn't sold in some alotted amount of time.

Welcome to VetteMOD

I followed the threads about the car at the other place too.... lots of sweat and money went into this one, I am surprised he sold it, he did not get to drive it a whole lot...

Welcome little Brother, glad to see you chose to join VetteMod. It's guys like you that will carry on the Corvette tradition and no doubt take it to new heights. It's been my pleasure working with you and watching your passion for these cars develop. As we wrap up the RT project, it'll be fun see where you take the 70. Just remember, one of these days it'll be your turn to pass the torch. I hope you'll be able to find a young "Sam" like I did and give him his start in the awesome world of Corvettes. :thumbs:

Dave

Welcome to VetteMOD :hi:

I remember reading about the crash and wondered if anyone would try and get it up and running again. Good luck with it, I hope you go through with it :thumbs:

glad to be here dave, i remembered to get my bracket today, and we're about to need that high build for RT, got a bunch done today while you were gone.

sam riley