Fender Louver info post...

saudivette

Clueless In Sandland
I've seen a few times where people ask how they can restore the chrome edges on their egg crate side louvers.

I didn't know it myself until I stripped the paint off mine, but they whole louver is chromed. If your chrome edges were scratched or whatever, no reason you couldn't strip the paint off them completely, have them re-chromed then re-painted.

Like I said, just info in case anyone was wondering how to fix up the chrome edges...

354918644ed3f77.jpg

354918645001ff4.jpg

Yes mate. I have some fender "halves" from a 72 that I'll graft into mine. I stripped the egg crates so I can get them "coated" in carbon fiber with that aquagraphic transfer process. Doing the same with the side mirrors. I'll post pics when I get them finished...

Sweet.... I like these eggcrates :yahoo:

I wanted to install these too...... when I painted the '79 I looked on fleebay and a few other sites and they were "just" a little more than I wanted to spend :cry:

Sweet.... I like these eggcrates :yahoo:

I wanted to install these too...... when I painted the '79 I looked on fleebay and a few other sites and they were "just" a little more than I wanted to spend :cry:
I got mine both from eBay but from different sellers. One was real cheap as someone had drilled a hole in it (which I've repaired) and the other one was quite cheap too. I think I bought the panel "halves" from tracdogg and they weren't expensive.

Going all the way too. Once the louvers are in place, the Stingray script is also going on the fender - that'll wind a few people up no doubt :waxer:

Last edited: