Spraying help.

kwplot34

Heart Attack
I was spraying some sealer today and i could not stop the splatter,i turned the volume way down and moved slower and that helped but there is still some splattering going on. Do i need to switch from a 2.0 tip to a 1.5. my thinking was that the sealer was to thin for that tip,maybe,anybody.:confused2:

primer: 1.8mm or 2mm tip

sealer 1.4mm - 1.7mm tip

Well i was wondering about to thick but i mixed exactly to the directions 2:1
So my next thought was the tip and according to Karsten i need to change the tip from 2.0 to the 1.5,which i did already before i spray again. Thanks for the input guy's :drink:
Now that the election is over with maybe more people will check back in :banghead:

What gun are you using ? Buy a cheap HarborFreight HVLP gun for the primer. i am using a $20 gun that I bought on Ebay 3 years ago, so far so good.... the good gun is for base/clear only.

You can really take your time experimenting with the settings and the tip/nozzle sizes, you'll spray primer over that sealer anyways and you'll do a lot of sanding.... right now the surface quality don't really matter too much, you could even use a brush :lol:

What gun are you using ? Buy a cheap HarborFreight HVLP gun for the primer. i am using a $20 gun that I bought on Ebay 3 years ago, so far so good.... the good gun is for base/clear only.

You can really take your time experimenting with the settings and the tip/nozzle sizes, you'll spray primer over that sealer anyways and you'll do a lot of sanding.... right now the surface quality don't really matter too much, you could even use a brush :lol:

I have 2 guns and use the cheaper one for sealer/primer,but i thought this would be a good time to learn how to get the paint to come out right and if there was a problem learn how to fix it before i get to the base and clear :push:

The base and clear will spray VERY different than primer - practice on the trashcan..... mine is already 20+ different colors ... ensures that noone steels it...LOL

The base and clear will spray VERY different than primer - practice on the trashcan..... mine is already 20+ different colors ... ensures that noone steels it...LOL

:lol: Tie Dye trash cans:cool: gotta love it.
If i could ever get the wind and rain to go away i have a piece of plywood i want to practice on.this high wind we are having lately along with rain now is keeping me from spraying anything and slowing down my schedule :suspicious:

Staple some plastic sheeting/foil onto the plywood. the plywood is going to be too porous (spelling)... it will soak up the paint and you won't see what you're doing.... unless you primer it first and then practice with the basecoat... still, the surface is too rough....
Do you have an old mirror or a piece of glass ??? just something.... maybe an old hood or fender... something with a smooth surface....

Staple some plastic sheeting/foil onto the plywood. the plywood is going to be too porous (spelling)... it will soak up the paint and you won't see what you're doing.... unless you primer it first and then practice with the basecoat... still, the surface is too rough....
Do you have an old mirror or a piece of glass ??? just something.... maybe an old hood or fender... something with a smooth surface....

I do have an old hood laying around :smash: that would work good for practice :thumbs:

Make sure all the parts on the gun are tighten. This will help guns from doing strange things.

Danny

Make sure all the parts on the gun are tighten. This will help guns from doing strange things.

Danny

Yep..spatter is usually caused by a vacuum leak within the tip assembly. Make sure it's clean inside and tight.

Danny

Yep..spatter is usually caused by a vacuum leak within the tip assembly. Make sure it's clean inside and tight.

Uuuggggggggghhhh not a vacuum leak,i have to fight these on my motor and now on my spray gun :twitch: can you find the leak with carb cleaner or does that not work in this application :push:

On a serious note,good idea,it is a new gun so i probably should check all the fittings :thumbs:

BTW.where does vacuum go after it leaks out :tomato::tomato:

...Uuuggggggggghhhh not a vacuum leak,i have to fight these on my motor and now on my spray gun :twitch: can you find the leak with carb cleaner or does that not work in this application :push:
Just go electric mate :lol:

Oh then i would be chasing leaking smoke,and nobody has figured out how to put it back in once you catch it :surrender: