Cylinder Head Info

Yes, it will.

Mortec:
3932441....69-70...350..........76cc chambers

Looks like they are open chamber smogger heads. Given the fact that they are 69/70 they are probably thicker castings (heavier0 than 882s and certainly 462624s.

Why would you want to use those heads instead of the aluminiujm L98 heads?

Yes, it will.

Mortec:
3932441....69-70...350..........76cc chambers

Looks like they are open chamber smogger heads. Given the fact that they are 69/70 they are probably thicker castings (heavier0 than 882s and certainly 462624s.

Why would you want to use those heads instead of the aluminiujm L98 heads?

441s are thick castings. At one time they were the heads to have because of the intake ports being a LITTLE better than most. I've seen these heads and am not sure I'd use them unless I had to have lower compression or needed to have "stock" heads.:quote:

I found a set of these heads on E Bay for only a $ 100 and all the Corvette Aluminum ones have been selling for $ 400 - $500 a set. After I posted my
question here I found my copy of Small Block Chevy Performance written by Dave Emanuel where he recommends these heads with 2.02 - 2.05 intake valves.

I found a set of these heads on E Bay for only a $ 100 and all the Corvette Aluminum ones have been selling for $ 400 - $500 a set. After I posted my
question here I found my copy of Small Block Chevy Performance written by Dave Emanuel where he recommends these heads with 2.02 - 2.05 intake valves.

We found many years ago, that you gain more HP by using the 1.6 exhaust (with the 1.94 intake) valve over just using the 2.02 with the 1.5 exhaust valve.
Another point of interest, the 1.94 intake valve flows the same as the 2.02 till over 5,000 rpm and .500 lift.:noworry:

Reviving an olde thread...

Seems like the best place to ask this question:

Gen I heads - Are these what I see referred to as 23* (degree)?

Saw an advert for a manifold and it said;
"For 56 -82 small block chevy 23 degree heads."
So, right/wrong - or does anybody have a description of the differences between the heads - easy to find? Google has had answers all over the place and confused.

Exhaust Spacing is one thing - and there are templates on some of the not so much- tying to decipher just what is what.

Thanks guys -

Cheers Jim
3 weeks or so!

We found many years ago, that you gain more HP by using the 1.6 exhaust (with the 1.94 intake) valve over just using the 2.02 with the 1.5 exhaust valve.
Another point of interest, the 1.94 intake valve flows the same as the 2.02 till over 5,000 rpm and .500 lift.:noworry:

That what I ended up with on some original 302 castings.