I need some encouragement Karsten

kwplot34

Heart Attack
Tell me this will be worth it when it's all painted and back together :phone:

Because my FRIGG"N arms are killing me,i think the right one is about to fall off and i still have the back of the car to sand down,sand body work,primer,base coat,clear coat :gurney::bullshit:

It'll definitely be worth it. Take your time and do it right. You won't be dissappointed.

How was that? That's what my pops used to tell me and he usually gave me good advice:wink:

I stuck a addy in Craigslist for some help sanding the car.....so looks like down to the glass in 2 days, with a couple guys bringing over their own compressor...shop size, and running a couple air d/a sanders....I can get it done down to the glass in two days, and cost me about 300 bux....

right here in the drive.....

I have that shark on the hood, some of you all maybe seen it....

question is.....IF I paint the car a vibrant GREEN metallic, that burgundy shark has to go, IF I paint it flat black, that shark CAN stay....with the apron of the hood painted and just the bubble left alone....

so some ways to do this....

estimated materials to be about 350-500 bux, depending on clear coat quality....I hate the thought of clear coats, and would rather paint it a one steop flat black and get OVER with it, instead of shooting some black then adding flattener to clear, that will not be the same if I ever have damage, I be in shit's creek....

estimated materials to be about 350-500 bux, depending on clear coat quality....I hate the thought of clear coats, and would rather paint it a one steop flat black and get OVER with it, instead of shooting some black then adding flattener to clear, that will not be the same if I ever have damage, I be in shit's creek....

Green metallic (dark) will be a better match for the car, it'll look awesome with chrome bumpers.....

Get it stripped and then come down here, I'll shoot the primer for you....

you'll find yourself sanding until your arms fall off AFTER the primer is on the car.... expect to shoot three coats of primer and sand two of them off the car....guidecoats will show you how wavy the body is..... much of that very likely caused by DA sanders and cheap labor......

Green metallic (dark) will be a better match for the car, it'll look awesome with chrome bumpers.....

Get it stripped and then come down here, I'll shoot the primer for you....

you'll find yourself sanding until your arms fall off AFTER the primer is on the car.... expect to shoot three coats of primer and sand two of them off the car....guidecoats will show you how wavy the body is..... much of that very likely caused by DA sanders and cheap labor......
That is why i'm sanding by hand with a block,it may be slow and hurt like hell but it won't make me sea sick when i look down the side.

I agree with the last post. Keep going, once you start priming, things start to look better. It's a lot of work but it's worth it in the end AND you will have saved yourself a lot of money. Break up the sanding in little sessions to keep things controlable.

That is why i'm sanding by hand with a block,it may be slow and hurt like hell but it won't make me sea sick when i look down the side.

I looked up and down for my original post in this thread, you tricked me! Haha.

A block might save you from waves, but if you're not using it correcly it can and will make grooves. X pattern strokes, and/ or use a curved block.

I looked up and down for my original post in this thread, you tricked me! Haha.

A block might save you from waves, but if you're not using it correcly it can and will make grooves. X pattern strokes, and/ or use a curved block.

Yeah i borrowed one of your titles :D did it have you scratching your head for a while :huh2:
I have been using a crossing pattern while sanding where i can,never realized how many bumps and curves are in these cars till you try and sand one :crap:

How large is the sanding block are you using, they make a sanding file, looks like a board 10" long and 2,5" wide, Its better than a block, your long straight areas will come out flater and less chance of digging in and making slots, Kinda late to say, Lightly sand the edges as they have the least of paint material and easy to cut into the glass, if you use a shop vac, you will have less build up on your sand paper,, My ,02,,,, call that blonde over for a rub down.

How large is the sanding block are you using, they make a sanding file, looks like a board 10" long and 2,5" wide, Its better than a block, your long straight areas will come out flater and less chance of digging in and making slots, Kinda late to say, Lightly sand the edges as they have the least of paint material and easy to cut into the glass, if you use a shop vac, you will have less build up on your sand paper,, My ,02,,,, call that blonde over for a rub down.

They range from 4"-11" i bought those Dura Blocks.

Which Blonde? the one sitting in my car or the one in the kitchen thats a little on the saggy side :push:

Which Blonde? the one sitting in my car or the one in the kitchen thats a little on the saggy side :push:
You are SO in the shit if she reads that :p

YEAH but i have been trying to get her out of my kitchen for some time now,if i could just figure out how to get her on the rocket powered wheel chair :goodevil:

Besides i am keeping myself available for one of the sister-in-laws :bounce: have you had any luck there yet :thumbs: