I don,t know

DARROW 74

I may have posted about my manifold here before if so I don't know where so here is what I did

Switch from stock to streetmaster

And I am glad. I tryed it out and so far it good.

low end after about 60 ft I got out of it due to control. And that is better then the org, top end 3rd gear is where I really feel it could not push it (calif freeway sat)

P3290001.jpg

I like the paint on it too. I remember my SM wasn't a bad one, they did get a bad rap in the past though. The performer is supposed to be a better all around intake but I couldn't say.

How did it work for you?

It was a 68 FORD station wagon with a 390. It could bury the speedo any time you wanted. It could curise at 115mph all day. It was a blast to drive to SF.
smiley-jaw-drop-purple.gif

Last edited:
Talk about a pita to swap manifolds on...those damned FE engines. Who decided to run the pushrods through the intake...
And lifting one of those enormous cast iron things, you almost need a cherry picker :pprrtt:

Talk about a pita to swap manifolds on...those damned FE engines. Who decided to run the pushrods through the intake...
And lifting one of those enormous cast iron things, you almost need a cherry picker :pprrtt:

Having built a number of FEs -- 352, 390, 410, 427 and 428s. I can say, without reservation, it is a strange design. But, once I fugered out how to make them work, you should of seen the look on the BB Chevys guys face when they were beat bad.:lol:

In case you are wondering, A 428 S-Cobra Jet-stock with headers, 456s and slicks, could run 11.60 to 11.33.:1st:

We shall see :D

156a8ia.jpg

What body??
The times I gave you for Cobra Jet were actual times from a guy that used to come into the Gas Station I worked at in the 70s. The 68 Mustang ran -best at that time- was 11.33 and the 68 Cougar ran -best at that time- 11.60. I remember that converstation like it was yesterday. It is burned into my brain Cells. I was so impressed.:bounce: