Spray bombs.....

mrvette

Phantom of the Opera
I have a question about doing a shark show car type/style paint job, IF I ever decide to byte the bit on doing anything at ALL....

since the color changes would be so drastic, fading from white on bottom to dark blue on top, the amount of changes to the paint gun would be crazy....

so I was thinking, to get some automotive paint cans from a typical discount house, and stripe it/fade it with that....but the question is what to do about a top coat??? would the really great clearcoats work with the spray bombs???

or is the whole thing likely to totally screw up??

:fishing:

Please, do not continue on your line of thought...spray bombs... pullleeeeezzeee :bonkers::suicide::confused2::shocking:

To get the color transition from one color to another you would not get the atomization you need from a spray can. The gun would provide you with the adjustability in fan width and paint flow.

To answer your other question, yes you can use a good 2K clear over spray bomb, I use black sometimes if I need to do small bike parts prior to using the chrome or aluminum effect paints.

Nick

It is possible.... I have used spray bomb paint and topcoated it with automotive clear. It works great on smaller parts - I would not try that on a entire car :smash:

Try it Gene. What the hell. Don't even strip the car first. If it don't work, THEN strip it. No harm, no foul.:waxer:

Try it Gene. What the hell. Don't even strip the car first. If it don't work, THEN strip it. No harm, no foul.:waxer:

Went to a Sherwin-Williams car paint store today, just up the road....and we talked for a while....seems there are two ways to go....

one is to just sand/fill what is there, and do it all with a random orbital sander....and some 120 grit, then 'polish it out with some 220,

apparently I can spray on some filler/epoxy type crap, then sand it down....

maybe 200 bux spent so far....

so then to do the primer....and make it a medium gray if I want to make it simple and do a brilliant GREEN like early 70's GM A body cars....then clear...

OR black everything, and then clear with a additive to make it a matte finish.....

settled on two possible looks, the brilliant metallic GREEN, or the matte black.....

but green is not popular for car colors these daze, which is why I like it....

or go the stealth look....which is a whole lot simpler....and won't show every damn wave in the body....

:search::crap:

When I was in High School we did everything in Rattle-Can.
It only had to last to the end of the year.
Heck......that was all we could afford.
And we masked everything off with newspaper.
.25 cents would get you a whole stack........
IF you know what I mean.....:eek: :blush: :devil: