Will this Filler work OK

kwplot34

Heart Attack
I decided to start a new thread on this since it buried in my old one,want to make sure this is ok to use before i start spreading it.
thum_384906397ecd02e.jpg

It says it's for SMC and fiberglass so it'll be fine. There's a similar product that's also called Vette Panel glue/filler/adhesive or something to that extend... that stuff is for fiberglass only, seen it in Eckler's catalog.

Thanks Karsten,I just like to get an okee dokee before i start grinding :waxer: and spreading this stuff around. Just be prepared for questions coming real soon

:noob:

I decided to start a new thread on this since it buried in my old one,want to make sure this is ok to use before i start spreading it.
thum_384906397ecd02e.jpg

Kev, What sort of store you buy that at??? I never seen it....boat shops use evercoat all the time, I have some of their products, but not anything for a vette.....

I"m fishing around about getting a body guy to help with stripping my car, then I can play with areas and sand smooth and hopefully fire up the binks with some primer and see how bad it is....fix it, then maybe I just leave it primer black.....eff it.....call it stealth ....

:crutches:

thum_384906397ecd02e.jpg

Kev, What sort of store you buy that at??? I never seen it....boat shops use evercoat all the time, I have some of their products, but not anything for a vette.....

I"m fishing around about getting a body guy to help with stripping my car, then I can play with areas and sand smooth and hopefully fire up the binks with some primer and see how bad it is....fix it, then maybe I just leave it primer black.....eff it.....call it stealth ....

:crutches:

I got it at an autobody supply store in town Carrell bros i think thats how it is spelled,the owner is a good friend of Tim's .

Make sure to use enough of the blue cream hardener. It says on the back that you can use less for more working time, if you don't use enough it will take forever to dry. Mix a small amount at first to get the feel for it, it won't stay fluid as long as Bondo if you're using enough catalyst.

Make sure to use enough of the blue cream hardener. It says on the back that you can use less for more working time, if you don't use enough it will take forever to dry. Mix a small amount at first to get the feel for it, it won't stay fluid as long as Bondo if you're using enough catalyst.

thanks for the heads up,i think i will start with the couple of small cracks on the hood before i tackle the body seams that run from front to back :suicide: