Who drove your car?

A farmer turned painter (he must have painted tractors), then a guy whose good-lookin' wife told him he didn't need a red Vette! Lucky me.;).............but definitely not Zora.

My car was owned in succession by two chicks in the Suitland Maryland area....a suburb of Wash DC, on the other side of town from me....

they were friends and the car stayed in their hands from '72/new to 95, when I bought it....so 3rd owner.....

the first chick turned it into a show car, apparently the flares were very much wider than now, and the body up and under sure don't feel like something GM would lay up....I suspect it's very heavy as a result....

the OEM paint was white, then it was oversprayed a lime metallic white as a show car, then the second chick got it, and repainted it to burgundy, and narrowed the flares, I got it was dead stock steel rims and trim.....

the drive train was totally stock, untouched for 130k miles..... OEM engine was rebuilt though....

I think the tail lights were done from the original owner.....

NOW, here is the weird part......freeking outer space.....

there is NO OTHER chrome bumper shark in the world with '68 OLDS rectangular tail lights in the rear, NONE, so wife and I pull into a bank drive through lane one sunday afternoon, and under there buttoning up his rig, as I was next to him, putting up the top....rain storm.....

so I see Maryland on his tags.....he glances at the car....and about falls over....he was a boyfriend of the Original owner.....they used to drive hell out of it.....

he was all shits and giggles to see it again.....and his trailer was empty from a unsuccessful run to Florida to buy another vette at some show down south.....

go figger....

I bought mine off an Aussie guy out here that was going to do great things with it - although he never actually even managed to get the brakes working (calipers were shot) let alone do anything else with it.

Before him was a Brit guy that owned it for a few years. He put in a "stage 2, Edelbrock Performer" crate engine and got steel T tops fabricated locally when one of the glass tops departed company with the car one day and smashed on the road behind him.

Before him, I have no idea - prolly an Arab...