Why am I suddenly Photobucket illiterate??????

The Artist formerly known as Turbo84
Clinging to my guns and religion in KCMO.
Guys, what am I doing wrong? I can't get anything to transfer out of my Photobucket account. I tried to do what I thought I had done before, but no luck. I left clicked on the lower selection by the picture (img, I believe), and got a highlighted "copied" sign, but when I try to paste it on a post, the Paste option is not highlighted when I right click. I'll gladly admit I'm doing something stupid if someone will clue me in on what I'm doing wrong.

thanks,
Mike

I keep hearing that photobucket is eliminating free accounts. Photobucket was aquired recently and I guess the new owners greedy (seems to be a trend). I think that is what happened to Gary's (GTR1999) pix.

Members of VetteMOD can host pictures here, just like Photobucket. Only difference is we won't be taken over by a big corporation:drink:

Cool picture! How do you do that?

Photoshop......

Even the cheaper Photoshop Elements version can do that. Comes with many digital cameras for $50.... Elements 2.0 is pretty much freeware but still a great tool....

The function is "free transform", select an area, copy it as a layer and transform it as you like. You have to select the car and make it a layer, otherwise you shrink the background as well.

Just for kicks, does anyone know if my problem could be a filter issue? Photobucket does have the COPIED sign pop up when I left click, but my computer doesn't offer the PASTE option as a highlighted tool where I would normally right click.

Just fishing for possibilities.

The same thing happened to me last week,i could not copy and paste anything from there,and then all of a sudden it started working again :goodnight:

The same thing happened to me last week,i could not copy and paste anything from there,and then all of a sudden it started working again :goodnight:

Well, maybe there's eventual hope for me then. LOL

I thought it was my new lap top,so i asked around and that was not the case,i don't know if this made any difference but i tried highlighting the link at photo bucket and then copy and paste and it worked then wen back and tried it the normal way and it worked,coincidence :huh: i don't know,i am computer illiterate :withstupid:

Mine rarely works if I just highlight the IMG line (where it says "copied"). When I right click to "paste" there's nothing there.

I've always highlighted the IMG line, right click & select "copy" then it'll paste wherever I try to put it...

Last edited:
Try highlighting the "IMG code" line and then do the "Control and C" combo to copy to ram.
Then place the curser where you want it pasted and do the "Control and V" combo to paste from ram.

To test just try it in any basic edit program like Word.

These are basic Windows functions and will work with anything that is highlighted to copy and then paste.

Some websites can disable the right click copy function, but usually the keyboard shortcuts circumvent this. I doubt that Photobucket is doing that though.

Mine always works well the normal way.

It's a clipboard issue, sometimes when you already have content on the clipboard pressing ctrl+c and ctrl+v won't work, the auto highlight and copy feature on the photobucket website uses the ctrl+c ctrl+v feature and sometimes it just doesn't work properly...