1 down, 3 to go...

saudivette

Clueless In Sandland
Damn, I spent the day on this wheel. I hit it with 3M Roloc wheels on my die grinder first, then went to 220 wet and dry then to 400, then to 600 then hit it with a Mothers PowerBall Mini and some Mothers aluminium polish.

It had well and truly sucked my will to live by the time I was done with it. The flash isn't all that flattering, it actually looks better in "real life".

New lug nuts are on the way and when they turn up, I'll paint the center of the rim black before I fit them...

354901150712a05.jpg

Not so bad for amateur work, you do such NICE work, but can we get you to do more OF it????

:trumpet::harhar::thumbs:

Not so bad for amateur work, you do such NICE work, but can we get you to do more OF it????

I have loads more to do Gene cos none of you blokes ever drop round my place for a bbq and some Vette work :twitch:

But what "more OF it" were you referring to?

What are you going to throw on the BBQ grill? Camel :sick:
But i don't seem to remember an open invitation to come to your place for BBQ and Beer :drink:

I have loads more to do Gene cos none of you blokes ever drop round my place for a bbq and some Vette work :twitch:

More WORK!!!.....:lol::lol::lol:

BBQ camel....what's it taste like???

Kev, it's an open invite mate. Any time you're in the neighbourhood, just drop right in!

I haven't had barbecued camel meat but I've had it in a stew and a curry and it's not too bad. Whenever we have a barby here, we just have "normal" stuff on the plate - including some pig bits, if someone's been brave enough to try and bring some into the country.

Had a mate years ago who was busted bringing pork products in and he got a large fine and the words PORK SMUGGLER in Arabic stamped into his passport!! :lol:

Good work but I started with 600 grit on my rims, then up to 1000 wet.... the 220 scratches the rim surface and it takes forever to get these out, are you sure 220 grit is necessary ??
Use stripper first to get the clearcoat off, they'll look like chrome.

Last edited:
Good work but I started with 600 grit on my rims, then up to 1000 wet.... the 220 scratches the rim surface and it takes forever to get these out, are you sure 220 grit is necessary ??
Use stripper first to get the clearcoat off, they'll look like chrome.

I'm pretty sure these would be the original rims Karsten and the last 26 years haven't been kind to them. No major curb rash but some seriouly deep gouges in the rim (maybe from wheel nuts being dropped or banged with a rattle gun) and the whole rim was covered in small corrosion pitting - the clear coat must have left years ago!

I used the Roloc wheels to remove the worst of the scratches/gouges, then went to a finer wheel then used 220 to remove the marks from the wheels then went finer with the paper. Like I said, I spent all day on just the one rim and once they're all in the same condition as the first one, I'll spend some time with 600 and finer. That first one looks %1000 on what it was though...

If somebody stripped them years ago and then left the wheels unprotected that explains why you need 220 grit :(

Once these are polished use chrome polish and then wax (same wax you use for the paint)... they stay shiny for months but then you must re-polish....

The powerball is the best thing since sliced bread.... :D

If somebody stripped them years ago and then left the wheels unprotected that explains why you need 220 grit :(

Once these are polished use chrome polish and then wax (same wax you use for the paint)... they stay shiny for months but then you must re-polish....

The powerball is the best thing since sliced bread.... :D
I have some nice wax based stuff here from Auto Glym - damn good stuff and it should protect the rims nicely once I've polished them all. I don't particularly want them to look like chrome, just a nice polished satin look will be fine :thumbs:

What are you going to throw on the BBQ grill? Camel :sick:
But i don't seem to remember an open invitation to come to your place for BBQ and Beer :drink:

I got one a while ago. Yep, actually thought of going.....................:lol: