New Spinners...

saudivette

Clueless In Sandland
Here's the idea I've been toying with for a while. I had some of those cheap arse Chinese chromed pot metal (read shit) spinners on my wheels. I liked the look but the damn things corroded away in about 18 months. I bought a new set of the same ones but clear powder coated them before I did anything with them - hopefully that'll stop them dissolving again!

Ages ago, I found the CE wheel centers on eBay - advertised as "Collector car hub cap badges". From memory, I was the only bidder and got them for $20 and they're brand new, never been fitted to a wheel!

So, after drilling a couple of holes in each spinner, I mounted the "badges" and I reckon they look ok :thumbs:

And yes I know the rims need polishing - that's this weekend's job...

3548fc537409e3d.jpg

3548fc53722c110.jpg

3548fc5373495f2.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good there Wayne :thumbs: I have been using clear pc on a lot of my alum parts,it protects them and makes clean up a cinch :smash:

Here's the idea I've been toying with for a while. I had some of those cheap arse Chinese chromed pot metal (read shit) spinners on my wheels. I liked the look but the damn things corroded away in about 18 months. I bought a new set of the same ones but clear powder coated them before I did anything with them - hopefully that'll stop them dissolving again!

Ages ago, I found the CE wheel centers on eBay - advertised as "Collector car hub cap badges". From memory, I was the only bidder and got them for $20 and they're brand new, never been fitted to a wheel!

So, after drilling a couple of holes in each spinner, I mounted the "badges" and I reckon they look ok :thumbs:

3548fc537409e3d.jpg

3548fc53722c110.jpg

3548fc5373495f2.jpg

They look SAND blasted.:quote:

You may need more than a weekend to clean those wheels up! :tomato:

How about a set of cones too???? Cover up the bolts and give it the fuax knock off look?
Vette027.jpg

Last edited:

3548fc537409e3d.jpg

3548fc53722c110.jpg

3548fc5373495f2.jpg

They look SAND blasted.:quote:
Well, I guess they are :lol:

You may need more than a weekend to clean those wheels up! :tomato:

How about a set of cones too???? Cover up the bolts and give it the fuax knock off look?
Vette027.jpg
Maybe a weekend per wheel? :eek:h:

Probably sounds a bit weird, but I don't like the cones on there. Got new lug nuts coming and I'm going to paint the center of the wheel black and maybe the spinner extension...

Cool looking skull peeking through the wheel.:)
That's was my son's input. I had stencils made so I could pc crossed flags on the rear calipers but it all turned to shit so my young bloke suggested a mean looking skull. He puts in nearly as much time as me on the BOSS so I thought he was entitled to have his way (some times!) :lol:

calipers01.jpg

Did I mention B4 that I like those...well if I did, it's worth saying again...that's some cool work:thumbs:

Hi

Probably sounds a bit weird, but I don't like the cones on there. Got new lug nuts coming and I'm going to paint the center of the wheel black and maybe the spinner extension...

Well, I don't like spinners with too obvious wheel mount nuts .
Looks kind of pimped.

The cones really make this wheel look like real center mounts with the spinners.:thumbs:

Great idea.

Rgds. Günther

Hi

Well, I don't like spinners with too obvious wheel mount nuts .
Looks kind of pimped.

The cones really make this wheel look like real center mounts with the spinners.:thumbs:

Great idea.

Rgds. Günther
Ok, that's fine. We all like different things...

Hi

Yes, and this is what makes this hobby so versatile.

By the way, I forgot to say that I like your spinners. ;)

clean_275.jpg

Also the wheel nuts are visible on through my spoke wire rims, they aren't as much as on your alloys.

Have fun. Günther

These spinners are chrome plated but after I put the clear pc on, they came out with a brushed aluminium look :confused:

I've done a lot of parts in the chrome powder and ended up with the same results. Looks great until I clear it then it gets the satin look once the clear is applied:cussing:

I finally finished polishing the damn rims. They really had the shit beaten out of them and they all took some serious polishing - there's still a few small dings here and there on all 4 but if I'd tried to remove them all, I don't think I would have had much of the rims left!

The rim centers were really scratched a banged up and I really couldn't be arsed trying to polish those parts up too so I masked them up and painted them black. With new lug nuts on each wheel and the spinners mounted, I reckon they look pretty good now :thumbs:

354936bcd64bac8.jpg

354936bcd78b259.jpg

Those wheels look really nice,good work there Wayne. i need to get after mine again,so much work,so little time :zzz:

Did you install those in case you have an encounter on the freeway with the Joker?