My Gearing Selection

Looks like you are at 10:1 in first gear. That's the best choce for a street car.

I like it.
I'm running a Richmond 5 spd non-overdrive with a 3.08. I really like the ratios. The .8 overdrive would be a nice compliment. What shifter are you using? I was using a Hurst but switched to a Long. I like it much better.

Looks like you are at 10:1 in first gear. That's the best choce for a street car.

Yep I was after the ability to just let out the clutch in low to make it easy around town.

dont really need all those gears but It gives the best of both worlds... A 4 speed with almost 3:90 gears and that 2:46 in 6th makes Highway cruzin fun :drink:

I like it.
I'm running a Richmond 5 spd non-overdrive with a 3.08. I really like the ratios. The .8 overdrive would be a nice compliment. What shifter are you using? I was using a Hurst but switched to a Long. I like it much better.

Long but I need to shorten the lever about an inch...:smash:

Long but I need to shorten the lever about an inch...:smash:
I bent and shortened mine. I heated the lever just above the mount area and put a rearward bend. I also ground around the top part round to reduce the size enough to cut more threads. After threading I took off close to 3/4". I then used a C3 leather shift boot that covered the shifter box better and fit around the lever better than th stock rubber boot. I still installed the rubber boot underneath and cut it around the shifter box to help keep the heat out.

rjdpw8.jpg

2mr88iq.jpg