Hello from Turkey

gmfan

OK, not many Vettes over here and the roads are not vette friendly, seen 1 in the last year and a half.
I found an 84 with 14K miles in an Ohio body shop. After giving $1,200 for this thing it went into storage during my 2 year tour overseas.
Looking forward to good ideas/mods from fellow owners to apply to my latest acquisition.

Welcome gmfan! And greetings to your sunny nad warm land from cold and dark Finland! :hi:

I'm stationed at Incirlik Air Base near the city of Adana in southern Turkey close to the Mediterranean coast. I got 6 months left on my assignment then back to the U.S.

Welcome to the motley crew of the Flying Dutchmen....

Hope you get home soon, and free of further deployments...

I used to have a '87, and so I dunno '84 all that well, but the thing has a harder suspension, and so handles better without any options....

is it stick or auto??

:beer:

I'm stationed at Incirlik Air Base near the city of Adana in southern Turkey close to the Mediterranean coast. I got 6 months left on my assignment then back to the U.S.

Thank you for your service to our country.

I used to have a '87, and so I dunno '84 all that well, but the thing has a harder suspension, and so handles better without any options....

is it stick or auto??

The 84 has an auto. This thing sat for 16 years in a body shop. The shop owner said "If this were my car I'd give it to ya just to get it outta my way!" The car owner accepted my $1,200 offer. He already had too many projects going etc....I was in the right place at the right time I guess.

is it stick or auto??

The 84 has an auto. This thing sat for 16 years in a body shop. The shop owner said "If this were my car I'd give it to ya just to get it outta my way!" The car owner accepted my $1,200 offer. He already had too many projects going etc....I was in the right place at the right time I guess.

Hey, sometimes even the common folks win a round or two....

I paid 8k for my '72....some 16 years ago...have another ten into it over the years.... but for a DD street car...not so shabby....about 100/month....

cheep thrills, and I aint tried to sell it yet....that's my son's issue, barring a wreck....

:thumbs:

Sorry I went MIA...WOW. I've retired from the Air Force with all my body parts but this vette needs help! I'm new to vettes but not muscle cars. I finally got the car out of storage in OH from 2007 to today. Now it's in TX with me.

Here's my first question: Whats the easist way to remove the battery on an 84? This one is DOA.

Second question: The key is in the ignition and will not turn all the way back to remove it. Any hints on where to start trouble shooting that one?
LOADED IN OH THIS X-MAS
DSCN6420.jpg

MADE IT HOME TO TX STILL ON TRAILER TODAY:
DSCN6456.jpg

Welcome back - nice to know you've kept your body parts

The battery requires removing that kick panel behind the driver side front tire... once you do that, it's easy to get out

Is your car a manual or an automatic? I'm presuming manual because most people with automatics don't have this problem.

A Corvette with a Doug nash 4+3 requires that you put your car into Reverse to remove the key

:eek: Anyone any clue as to why??? :surrender:

I forget the specific comments, but in general I remember there were critical comments about the Saudian society. Saudi Vette never made any but some of the reply posts were...in my opinion getting pretty edgy. The Saudi's have pretty thin skins when it comes to being on the receiving ends of criticism.