tring to find out flywheel thickness

Billsvette

I am in the process of putting my engine and trans together to put in car and as i was putting the centerforce clutch in i noticed that they say a stock manual flywheel is .960 and my new aluminum one is just that .960,but i checked for the heck of it my old original metal flywheel and it measured 1.200,what is right here?did chevy put thicker flywheels in our cars or did someone change the flywheel before i got it?And if 1.200 is right ,will my new aluminum flywheel that measures .960 hold up in my car?

Measure like this

I am in the process of putting my engine and trans together to put in car and as i was putting the centerforce clutch in i noticed that they say a stock manual flywheel is .960 and my new aluminum one is just that .960,but i checked for the heck of it my old original metal flywheel and it measured 1.200,what is right here?did chevy put thicker flywheels in our cars or did someone change the flywheel before i got it?And if 1.200 is right ,will my new aluminum flywheel that measures .960 hold up in my car?

The only deminsion to use is the one from the face of the crank flange to the face of the clutch mating surface.

Put the flywheel on a flat surface and measure it. Your number of .960 in in the ball park:wink: