Bose problem

jrb92vette

I have a 92 LT1 conv with a power drain on the Bose radio system. If i pull the fuse, the battery is good for months of non driving, but with the fuse in, max is three days. any suggestions on where to look or what to do, besides junking the Bose Gold and putting in something more up to date, this is a driver car for fun, not a collector?[email protected]

Last edited:
I would junk the bose, probably expensive to repait....no highs no lows.......must be..yup!!!

Had a look in my '85 manual to get an idea of what might drain the battery, assuming that things are similar.
There are at least two fused circuits that feed the radio and speakers and are hot at all times. One goes to the radio for clock power and the other one goes to the Bose amplifier relay. This is in addition to the antenna relay. My guess is that the relay is stuck keeping the speaker amps always energized. When you turn on the radio, can you hear a click or a small pop in the speakers? Another way might be to pull one speaker to see if the power is on (with the radio off).