BB hood heat extractor, anyone done one?

I've seen people talk about it but never seen it done. Not really sure how much air you could get through the cutouts in the hood but the idea appeals to me. I don't like fake vents and ducts on cars.

Doing some research now but it looks like the big 3 used hood vents on a few models. I don't care for adding them to the hood for looks and non functional but if it helps keep the temps down under the hood than it is worth a try in my opinion.

The BB hood looks like it may be easy to mod and make them functional. Looks like I may be able to get two vents around 6"x1.5" in the recessed area of the BB hood scoop. These should pull air from the front of the engine.

Neal

This idea has been discussed a couple times in the past. Plusses and minuses involved. The low pressure area at the front of the scoop area might pull some hot air away from the radiator, but that warmed air goes straight to the cowl plenum area, allowing warmed air both into the carburetor inlet and the passenger compartment fresh air ductwork.

This idea has been discussed a couple times in the past. Plusses and minuses involved. The low pressure area at the front of the scoop area might pull some hot air away from the radiator, but that warmed air goes straight to the cowl plenum area, allowing warmed air both into the carburetor inlet and the passenger compartment fresh air ductwork.

UNLESS of course one goes apeshit like I did,

see the site there should be a underhood shot there....up/over induction and open hood under the BB scoop/hump nice and open, I blocked off the air intake under the pass fender, so the a/c is in constant recirculation mode....

:beer: