Will tall valve covers fit?

82vette

1982 Crossfire with rollor tip rockers, has any tried tall valve covers? will they clear the alt and other items?

Thanks

Welcome to the motley crew here.....

I don't think they will fit, but better someone else a bit more up to date to answer also.....

:clobbered::bounce:

Yes they will fit. You don't need tall covers though, if you knock out the oil drippers out of the original covers you can use them with roller rockers. It IS kind of a shame though to ruin a set of magnesium covers.

With a drivers side mount (factory) alternator it becomes a PITA to take off the cover. It will involve taking the belt off of the alternator and rocking it back. I no longer have the problem, now I have a supercharger in the way. Haha.

If you run an aftermarket alt mount on the pass side, it will be easy. Or from the looks of it (kwplots car), you can run an aftermarket mount on the drivers side.

With a drivers side mount (factory) alternator it becomes a PITA to take off the cover. It will involve taking the belt off of the alternator and rocking it back. I no longer have the problem, now I have a supercharger in the way. Haha.

If you run an aftermarket alt mount on the pass side, it will be easy. Or from the looks of it (kwplots car), you can run an aftermarket mount on the drivers side.

My alt mount is from March performance :thumbs:

my stock valve covers clear the Comp Cams Pro Magnum 1.6 roller rockers on my 82 (AFR 195 heads).

I had to remove the oil drippers and the PCV baffles. I'm using a (thick) reinforced-rubber felpro gasket.

I tried the GMPP tall cast covers, but it didn't clear the TPS on my modified crossfire (Edelbrock SY1 with custom top plate).

I didn't try with stock intake manifold nor stock alt/ac (I'm using 88-92 f-body accessories).

mot09-14.jpg
mot09-17.jpg

My 82 came with some cheap Edlebrock tall chrome valve covers. The rest of the engine is stock, except for the ugly red paint!

I have a set of magnesium ones that will be powdercoated and put on the car when I tear it down this winter.

Corvette+033.jpg