Well i'm dissapointed

kwplot34

Heart Attack
Went to a car show today and they had a Dyno there $45 for 2 pulls,i was so depressed i paid for 3 pull's. Time to rebuild.

3848e80c7dd5cd7.jpg

Hey Kevin... I agree. 300 RWHP is pretty darn good!!!

That was a really good car show tonight! Sorry I missed you. I saw your car there and I saw the other guys and talked to them for a while...

I wouldn't re-build with those specs!:bounce:

Those numbers are not too bad,but there is a problem with the graph.
The first 2 runs as you notice were climbing pretty good till the operator lifted and stopped the run each time under 5500 RPM,the problem is he did not lift till he hit the rev limiter which was set at 6500RPM and matched my in car tach :confused2:
So the guy fiddled with his computer and the connections on the motor and told me the REV limiter was messing up his computer :confused2: i said OK,and he asked me if i could turn it up,because each time he stopped the graph was still climbing.
So i turned it up to 7Krpm and for $20 more he would make a third pull,by now i'm out $65.
I told the guy its set at 7K,so he starts again and i'm watching the graph and tach on his computer,and as it's climbing and just over 5500rpm i notice he lets out and tell him to keep going but it hits the rev limiter so he lets out again,you can see where he gets in and out of it on the red line on the graph.
He gets out and i asked what the heck was wrong this is just not jiving,that's when he informs me that he does not have the proper leads to hook up to my ignition and my Taylor wires will not allow him to get an accurate reading, now i'm pissed,why didn't he tell me that to begin with before i waisted my money.

You didn't waste money, the graph tells you the engine is performing well. The cam /engine drops off where it would be expected to, around 5,500 rpm. Also tells you the torque is good and flat, indicating it's a good street motor. $65 is not that bad. My dyno guy gets $100 for 3 pulls...I'm going back for my third session of the year next month....:clobbered:

I run Taylor wires as well, the last time I was on the dyno I got abysmally BAD numbers, I believe it to be a combination of the wires, erratic timing (too much play in the HEI, which has been fixed), and the fact that it was a Mustang Dyno.

Plus the dyno operator plugged in the weight of my car at 4200 lbs, the car would NOT spin over 5,000 RPM and it took about 30 seconds to go from 4,000 to 5,000. Immediately after I spun her to 6200 in third, which was in excess of 125 mph.

Needless to say, I will NOT be using that dyno again, since the operators don't know shit about how to set it up.

I agree with all of the above, 300 RWHP is pretty good, but you probably have more in her if the dyno wasn't reading correctly. Apparently a lot of it has to do with the operator as well though...

I run Taylor wires as well, the last time I was on the dyno I got abysmally BAD numbers, I believe it to be a combination of the wires, erratic timing (too much play in the HEI, which has been fixed), and the fact that it was a Mustang Dyno.

Plus the dyno operator plugged in the weight of my car at 4200 lbs, the car would NOT spin over 5,000 RPM and it took about 30 seconds to go from 4,000 to 5,000. Immediately after I spun her to 6200 in third, which was in excess of 125 mph.

Needless to say, I will NOT be using that dyno again, since the operators don't know shit about how to set it up.

I agree with all of the above, 300 RWHP is pretty good, but you probably have more in her if the dyno wasn't reading correctly. Apparently a lot of it has to do with the operator as well though...

My big problem with this dyno reading is that it only graphed to 5500rpm,when on the first 2 pull's we went to 6500 and then 7k. And the fact that after he got my $65 bucks he tells me he can not get a good reading from my plug wires and he does not have the proper leads to hook up to my ignition, oh well i will take it to Vamp Racing and let them do it next time.

My big problem with this dyno reading is that it only graphed to 5500rpm,when on the first 2 pull's we went to 6500 and then 7k. And the fact that after he got my $65 bucks he tells me he can not get a good reading from my plug wires and he does not have the proper leads to hook up to my ignition, oh well i will take it to Vamp Racing and let them do it next time.

I wholeheartedly agree, I got screwed out of $40.00 when I had my dyno run, I chalk it up to experience and $40.00 spent to find out where NOT to go, I tell everyone I know not to go there either, I figure the best thing I can do is make sure my friends don't get screwed the same way I did. :thumbs: