IAC Question

Dirtbuster1

Does anyone know if the IAC motors read resistance off of the pin placement or coil placement. I ask this because my stems keep moving as they want. the originals will not move at all. If the ECM thinks that the coil is in the zero position, would it not know where the pintle is if it is moving? Should they be loctited at the correct position. Alot of this would make since if this is what is happening.

Make since?

The IAC motor doesn't have any (electrical) feedback. The ECM merely moves the stepper motor a few twists one direction or the other while the engine is running, and resets the plunger position (to slightly open) at shutoff prior to any future restart.
If the plunger is moving independently of the motor action, something is wrong.

I took the new Borg Warner Motors out of the box, and put the ECM in the diagnostic mode. The pintle shafts spun right out of the motor on both of them. I know the spring should lock them in place, but how does the motor know where the reference point is? There seems to be a red looking substance on the pintle shafts. IS that loctite to keep them in a certain place.

Thanks for the help!