Front bumper fit......

mrvette

Phantom of the Opera
You all with chrome front sharks....how does the wrap of the front bumper fit around the body?? on my car, it seems the bumper is about 1/2 inch from the glass all around the front, then about 1.5 inches away fron the glass fender on either side at the bumper tip....over an inch of being off-line.....

so how to correct that?? I can't figger a way....and it's sticking out like that is sorta stupid looking.....

anyone???

:hunter::clobbered:

I'll take some pictures of Ol' Red when (and IF) I get back home.

Gene, did you get your speedo fixed yet??

I'll take some pictures of Ol' Red when (and IF) I get back home.

Gene, did you get your speedo fixed yet??

OH, yeh, no sweat, it was the cable, I had the replacement cable installed to be able to pull it outta there from the tranny end, right there in the car....never bothered to even remove the seat...the cable was gummed up....pulled the shroud on the speedo end, shot some carb cleaner down there, blew it all outta there, and then redid it with graphite, put a dap of oil on the speedo input, ran it up on jackstands to 120 mph....nice and smooth....

The cable was full of goo there, wonder I maybe have used WD40 with eventually dried out over the years....I forget, honestly....at any rate, it's all clean with graphite now....

:banghead: