Spoiler revisited.

Should the spoiler taper?

• Total voters

enkeivette

So as some of you have read, after removing 10lbs of Bondo off of my rear lip, I found that the groove was deeper and the lip was about an inch longer. Consequently my spoiler only had a 1 1/2" over hang, instead of the 3 inches that I had measured for. So here we go again. This one will be 9" long with a 4" over hang, but here's the question. Taper, or not?

Straight
64f31v.jpg
2yjvng6.jpg

Taper
1tvadk.jpg
dmtt1v.jpg

Last edited:
:thumbs:

Cool idea ........ can't wait to see how it turns out.
I said "straight" .... the pace car spoiler had a squared
look about it ..... that's what I'm going by.

I went to change from taper to leave it alone, something must have not unchecked or something.....leave it alone, vettes look stupid with these fakey looking wings on the back....

a smallish stock looking flip up is best...showing some bird feather in the rear as in a sassy kid's cartoon....

sort of wagging your ass at the competition....

:fishing::thumbs:

Mr Vette, I too am afraid that it might look ricey, but in my head I see it looking really trick. It will not be molded in, after I make it, I'll fill it, sand it, and primer it. Then I'll make a new poll and see whether or not you guys like it.

If it looks stupid, even after I spend a few days making it, I'll throw it away. I never justify anything by the time that I spend in it. I've already thrown one away.

Last edited:
I've already thrown one away.

AND YOU DID NOT POST ANY PICS !!!!!!!

:1st::beer::lol::lol:

The first one (I mentioned in the OP) was 7" long. I measure the lip at 4" and it would have hung over the lip 3" but after I grinded off 10 lbs of Bondo from the old molding job, the lip was actually more than 5" and the spoiler only hung past the lip about an 1 1/2." It looked dumb, this is why I'm redoing it.

348lu9d.jpg

Just get the same bumper I got from Vanacor... that seems to be the look that you're after and is a lot less headache..... :wink:

Just get the same bumper I got from Vanacor... that seems to be the look that you're after and is a lot less headache..... :wink:

That's no fun. Besides, vanacor wanted $275 to ship my front bumper. And a rear bumper isn't worth $700 to me. Besides, I like the look of a separate spoiler.

So this is the basic shape, it's only a layer thick on each side, so it needs a few more layers and then filling and sanding but I think I'm done with it. I pictured it looking cooler in my head. I think it would look cool, but it blocks sight of the factory lip, which is cleaner IMO.

1pv6n9.jpg
34i5tao.jpg
2vao800.jpg
2m5z08y.jpg