76 new front bumper

Cherry

DREAD NAUGHT
I ordered a new front bumper for my 76, ordered from Wilcox, brand name is Truflex. Someone out there has used this bumper,. question being: Was the bumper a first time fit or a real process to align? : What tools were used to reshape. would someone who has done this give me their wisdom?

Thanks

Rich

I don't even think you can build up a true flex bumper, either it fits or it doesn't.

Ecklers has a good description of true flex in their catalog. It's supposed to be flexible fiberglass (sounds almost to good to be true) :rain:

I'm not sure how fberglass resin/epoxy resin or SMC products stick to this material. From what Ecklers says these are supposed to fit without modification...

Well, I'll post my findings when it arrives, sure would be nice if something you ordered would not become a nightmare. I saw some at funfest they claimed a perfect fit on theres,, They were already gel coated too.

I have truflex for front and back--neither fit. They have a different type of resin, but they are fiberglass. According to my conversation with the mfg, you can repair these just as you would fiberglass (I asked them how would you repair if in a wreck). We'll see; I plan on blending mine in with the body. If it works, great; if not, I'll try what I should've done in the first place--get conventional fiberglass bumpers...