Help!!!

Twin_Turbo

Der Maulwurf
I need a 54" long 1,5" wide cog/gilmer belt. Part # would be 540L150. anyone know a source for one? Summit, Jegs...they don't have them. I found 1 site, but it's some unknown automotive parts site. They can't even order the damned thing here (you know...guy behind the counter stares at you with big puppy eyes...thinking WTF???)

These guys want $89 Australian dollars.... well, we have Australian members who could at least say if that business has a good reputation or not.... shipping is going to be painful... there must be a vendor here in the US....

https://www.americanautos.com.au/cg...ormname=prices&newform=product&option=540L150

www.grainger.com has these belts in 54" but no width is given on their website.
Item numbers 1TFK2 and 1TEY1

weiand #7006 is listed as a replacement but I can't find the width anywhere....

Last edited:
I been calling around, NAPA, the rest, no go, doing industrial now...Grainger is no go.....they trying to get into the teeth size, and so the net seems to lead into Moroso, etc.....seems it should be a common enough industrial item, I would imagine.....

I can find one here that's ONE INCH wide, even...but I don't think tha'ts good for you....and it's only 40 bux.....

I going on the net again, my welder buddy was on the phone and he did the search....

Try JONES racing products.....on the web....

he working on it now...we'll find it....

old sneelock will manage somehow I suspect.....

I hope you can pull it off :)

for GATES rubber, local distributor says the 540L150 would be a L series belt, and that has a pitch/tooth count of 3/8 inch center to center....BUT it only comes these days up to ONE INCH WIDE,

so to go to the 1.5 inch wide belts, we go to the H series belt which is 1/2 inch pitch center to center.....that way it's listed.....

If GATES RUBBER Company don't make it here, you basically screwed, I"m afraid, their stuff has been a industry standard forever and a day yet, found on the Roman Chariots yet.....

:smash:

The correct belt should have a 1/2" drive pitch. Must be a H belt then. 540H150???

Summit has it. It's a regular gates industrial polygrip timing belt....damn! I've been looking for the wrong belt all this time.

The correct belt should have a 1/2" drive pitch. Must be a H belt then. 540H150???

Summit has it. It's a regular gates industrial polygrip timing belt....damn! I've been looking for the wrong belt all this time.

OK, that one I can get you and how did you get the rong number, dummy???

:crap::banned::bump:

The belt that came with this stuff has an L number on it, but it's a much shorter size. That's what you get with those chinese parts, everything's wrong. Even had to machine down the crank pulley. It's a one size fits all deal (long & short waterpump) but for it to do so the belt rides either the front or the rear of the crank cog pulley... we can't have that :)

It's this stuff:

248e632c47cf10.jpg

See the V belt groove on the back of the crank pulley (no powersteering, don't need it)
there was at least 1" of useless material there.

The belt that came with this stuff has an L number on it, but it's a much shorter size. That's what you get with those chinese parts, everything's wrong. Even had to machine down the crank pulley. It's a one size fits all deal (long & short waterpump) but for it to do so the belt rides either the front or the rear of the crank cog pulley... we can't have that :)

It's this stuff:

248e632c47cf10.jpg

See the V belt groove on the back of the crank pulley (no powersteering, don't need it)
there was at least 1" of useless material there.

UHH...pardon my stupidity, but WHY would someone spec a gimmy belt to drive a water pump and alternator??? lots of power losses in there, certainly don't need that positive drive, WTF???

:banghead::shocking::gurney:

UHH...pardon my stupidity, but WHY would someone spec a gimmy belt to drive a water pump and alternator??? lots of power losses in there, certainly don't need that positive drive, WTF???

Why not? A V belt looks like ass, it's different... and come on now, 502 ramjet...like it cares for that little increase in parasitic loss. There's no p.st. pump or AC compressor to drive.

Why not? A V belt looks like ass, it's different... and come on now, 502 ramjet...like it cares for that little increase in parasitic loss. There's no p.st. pump or AC compressor to drive.

Not a V belt, I would have spec'd a serp belt...

at any rate, the belt is available, I hope easy on your side of the pond....

if not, I can get one here....and send it to you , the company does have overseas shipping but you said it gets taxes all to hell then, so I can just repack it, and send it like a care package....

:bump:

wrong letter/number whatever-- THAT just looks COOL!!

One question- with all the air that gets trapped and then squeezed out when the belt runs on the cogs, won't it be kinda noisy? Not that it's a deal, just curious.

I got it sorted, I said fuggit!! I had a 3"wide blower belt and used a sheet metal shear to cut the damned belt in half. It worked even hooraahhh!!!

A serpentine belt, there's this weird thing w/ serp belt kits, less costs more. If you want the anodized black pulleys from...forgot who it was, without power steering and AC stuff it cost...MORE!! WTF?

Why not? A V belt looks like ass, it's different... [/QUOTE]:waxer::waxer::waxer::waxer::waxer:

I got it sorted, I said fuggit!! I had a 3"wide blower belt and used a sheet metal shear to cut the damned belt in half. It worked even hooraahhh!!!

A serpentine belt, there's this weird thing w/ serp belt kits, less costs more. If you want the anodized black pulleys from...forgot who it was, without power steering and AC stuff it cost...MORE!! WTF?

EH?? BS, you gotta be kiddin'....NFW....serp drive belts being common as green grass, even the smokable kind in California....and it costs MORE???

:bonkers: