Road Trip to LV

Douglas Mariani

The wife and I are leaving this morning for LV.Were going to take her 08 and see the sites on the way.Were going to try to win some money before Cherry goes back there and wins it all:lol:

Have fun, any idea what sites you're going to see? Oh and don't enter the sweepstakes for those vettes & stangs there in LV, I'm about to win those :D

DOn't forget the Imperial Palace Auto Museum. Not a real great museum, but they still have some cool cars.

And good luck too!

I remember a old ghost town half way between LA and Vegas right off I15... (Calico, near Barstow).... have a good time and post a bunch of pictures :D

Last edited:
I remember a old ghost town half way between LA and Vegas right off I15... (Calico, near Barstow).... have a good time and post a bunch of pictures :D

Some years ago from ElPaso to Carlsbad, that 2 lane highway across the white sands southern edge....seeing many a abandoned building/gas station, even motel sized structures...cinder block with the doors/windows/roofs missing,...looking like a bomb went off and decades later...spookey looking...

and then the silence of the sands.....moonscape like....

:sos:

Have fun, any idea what sites you're going to see? Oh and don't enter the sweepstakes for those vettes & stangs there in LV, I'm about to win those :D

We just stayed on the 15..from the looks of some of the buildings and wrecked cars and trucks on the side of the road ,it looked like a scene form a Steven King movie.. Oh and we didn't enter any sweepstakes because all you really get from them is junk mail.

Some years ago from ElPaso to Carlsbad, that 2 lane highway across the white sands southern edge....seeing many a abandoned building/gas station, even motel sized structures...cinder block with the doors/windows/roofs missing,...looking like a bomb went off and decades later...spookey looking...

and then the silence of the sands.....moonscape like....

:sos:
Your right.....Very Spooky

IMG_2679.jpg

IMG_2680.jpg

IMG_2696.jpg

We did ok.Beth won $4,000 and I $600 plus our room and food was compted.
IMG_2735.jpg

IMG_2740.jpg

IMG_2770.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like you had a good trip. I thought you might have won another Vet by looking at the pictures. I know it's the wifes car.

Well Mr.Doug, no wonder you only won $600.00,, It looks like the trip was a sight seeing trip??? Must say the pictures turned out good.. Them females always make me mad, they win all the time and leave us just the change.