Can I glass around a piece of cardboard?

enkeivette

Can I cut a piece of cardboard and lay glass around it to take the shape of the cardboard? I made a spoiler a while ago and I've decided that I want to make it a little longer and change the shape a little bit. The one that I made was pretty heavy by the time that I got to the thickness that I wanted, and it was a waste of resin. And leaving the cardboard in the center would give some thickeness without wasting resin and matte.

Would there be any problems laying matte over and glassing completely around a piece of cardboard? I would think that being sealed in fiberglass, filler and then painted over, abosorbing moisture wouldn't be an issue.

Last edited:
Can I cut a piece of cardboard and lay glass around it to take the shape of the cardboard? I made a spoiler a while ago and I've decided that I want to make it a little longer and change the shape a little bit. The one that I made was pretty heavy by the time that I got to the thickness that I wanted, and it was a waste of resin. And leaving the cardboard in the center would give some thickeness without wasting resin and matte.

Would there be any problems laying matte over and glassing completely around a piece of cardboard? I would think that being sealed in fiberglass, filler and then painted over, abosorbing moisture wouldn't be an issue.

Hell, I've used carboard, 1/4 inch chicken wire and anything else that would give me the shape I needed. :bounce:

Can I cut a piece of cardboard and lay glass around it to take the shape of the cardboard? YES

Would there be any problems laying matte over and glassing completely around a piece of cardboard? NO

:thumbs: ........