How do I stop headlights from vibrating?

KAOS

When the headlights are up...they are not 100% fixed and the bucket assembly has a very slight wiggle that flickers the headlights while driving down the road. I looked for some type of stop/adjustment but i could not find anything when they are in the up position...I found the adjustment nut when they are in the down position but I am missing the upper adjustment stop position to stop them from vibrating.

Testing my memory here.....with the hood up and headlight doors down look in front of the hood and toward the fender. At the outside of the headlight assembly is a roughly 1/4" flat bar with a 90* bend in it. There is an adjuster bolt through the bar. The darn thing is hard to get at, but I was able to take the shake out of my lights with this adjuster. Hope this makes sense....

Just found this pic in my bookmarks. http://i37.tinypic.com/rshim9.jpg
On the far right hand side of the assembly you can see the flat bar with the adjuster bolt. This would be the driver's side assembly.

Last edited:
Hi

Make sure that the operating linkage still goes into overcenter position in full open position after tightening this stop up.
If the hinges etc have too much play, it will be difficult to get the lights vibrationfree.

Rgds. Günther

Hi

Make sure that the operating linkage still goes into overcenter position in full open position after tightening this stop up.
If the hinges etc have too much play, it will be difficult to get the lights vibrationfree.

Rgds. Günther

If the linkage does not go into the overcenter position as Günther describes, the lights are only held up by the counterbalance springs. This will make them bounce or vibrate.

I just fixed this on mine, and I found it much easier to remove the stop bar completely adjust the stop and bolt it back in. With the headlights up there are 2 bolts on the outside that hold the stop bar in.

If your adjuster is frozen like mine was this was much easier to after it was out to apply liquid wrench to loosen it up.