Talk About Bad Luck

Dirtbuster1

Saturday morning I was eating breakfast. After eating I went to get in to the 04, and a truck side swiped my drivers door. Hit & Run! Today I went to get my O2 bung relocated to the header. While the 82 was on the rack, one of the front supports kicked out letting the car drop. It cracked the back of the passenger fender. When is my luck going to change. They say it happens in 3. I just can't wait to see what the final straw is.:lol::lol::suicide:

Did this all happen in one day? I would have gone home and crawled under the bed,, Sorry about the bad luck,,, Insurance will cover it?

My insurance is going to pay for the 2004, the muffler shop is going to take car of the 1982, I hope. I will have to wait and see if they honor there word. Tim stay clear of me & Ga. There is a big black cloud hanging over my head.

I'm up in Augusta. I had a uncle that used to live down there. He is down in Florida now.

My insurance is going to pay for the 2004, the muffler shop is going to take car of the 1982, I hope. I will have to wait and see if they honor there word. Tim stay clear of me & Ga. There is a big black cloud hanging over my head.

OH shit man, hate to hear that, sounds like ME, every damn time my car looks 1/2 way ok, here some asshole messes it up for me....every friggin' time for some 45 years of driving.....:hunter::hunter::rain:

hope you have better luck....:surrender:

Damn, I can't believe all that!@ I would've lost it at the both situations. Especially the muffler shop. Man..they better pay for it. I've had lots of cars up on lifts, all in hobby shops on the bases...man now I'm pissed. Guess I'll have a beer. Man..that sucks. Good luck and let us know how it comes out.

Don't ask!!

When is my luck going to change. They say it happens in 3. I just can't wait to see what the final straw is.:lol::lol::suicide:

It all comes down to life, I guess. It seems you always get dumped on when you can least afford it.

I think I have my Vette sold after owning it for over 41 years. I just can't physically do the upkeep and repairs any more with my declining health, but I still wanted to do a few things with it before the new owner payed for it and picked it up. So my wife and I went over to Old Town in Kissimmee, Fl for their hugh cruise in. Had a wonderful day, all day, and the crowd went wild when I did the parade in the evening with Love. Cheers, applause, hi-fives and all! Couldn't have felt better. Pulled onto the trailer to tow it back home (gas too expensive to drive it that far) and the Vette jumped the stops in the front of the trailer and went off the end, droping down onto the body. It smashed the nose on the tongue and the fender flairs on the stops! Guess I didn't save money with not driving it!
Every cloud has a silver lining they say.
Grundy Insurance told me I don't have to pay ANY deductible, and can take it to the shop of my choice for repairs, no questions asked. Can't get easier than that!
I checked the mail later and find I'm in a 3 page (2 in color) article in the November issue of Vet Vues! So I guess I can't cry too long, I guess.:cool: Hang in there...it isn't all bad!:beer:
104_3761.jpg
104_3762.jpg

When is my luck going to change. They say it happens in 3. I just can't wait to see what the final straw is.:lol::lol::suicide:

It all comes down to life, I guess. It seems you always get dumped on when you can least afford it.

I think I have my Vette sold after owning it for over 41 years. I just can't physically do the upkeep and repairs any more with my declining health, but I still wanted to do a few things with it before the new owner payed for it and picked it up. So my wife and I went over to Old Town in Kissimmee, Fl for their hugh cruise in. Had a wonderful day, all day, and the crowd went wild when I did the parade in the evening with Love. Cheers, applause, hi-fives and all! Couldn't have felt better. Pulled onto the trailer to tow it back home (gas too expensive to drive it that far) and the Vette jumped the stops in the front of the trailer and went off the end, droping down onto the body. It smashed the nose on the tongue and the fender flairs on the stops! Guess I didn't save money with not driving it!
Every cloud has a silver lining they say.
Grundy Insurance told me I don't have to pay ANY deductible, and can take it to the shop of my choice for repairs, no questions asked. Can't get easier than that!
I checked the mail later and find I'm in a 3 page (2 in color) article in the November issue of Vet Vues! So I guess I can't cry too long, I guess.:cool: Hang in there...it isn't all bad!:beer:
104_3761.jpg
104_3762.jpg

OUCH! that really sucks. I hope this does not effect the sell of the car for you. You are a standup guy for not hiding the fact that it was damaged and then getting it repaired real fast to get it sold as some would do. I am sure you will have it looking good as new.

Saturday morning I was eating breakfast. After eating I went to get in to the 04, and a truck side swiped my drivers door. Hit & Run! Today I went to get my O2 bung relocated to the header. While the 82 was on the rack, one of the front supports kicked out letting the car drop. It cracked the back of the passenger fender. When is my luck going to change. They say it happens in 3. I just can't wait to see what the final straw is.:lol::lol::suicide:

WOW! If if this would have happen to me I think I would have just :surrender: and started riding my bicycle. Amazing that people can hit a car (knowing they did it) and just drive away. :cussing:

OH! Did you find all the TPI parts that you needed?

OUCH! that really sucks. I hope this does not effect the sell of the car for you. You are a standup guy for not hiding the fact that it was damaged and then getting it repaired real fast to get it sold as some would do. I am sure you will have it looking good as new.[/QUOTE]

Nah. I wouldn't do that to anyone. :friends:
I sent him an e-mail first thing yesterday with photos. He's pretty cool about it saying as long as it's repaired in like quality of the car, he was good with it. Hey, why not? He gets a fresh paint job out of it probably.

OUCH! that really sucks. I hope this does not effect the sell of the car for you. You are a standup guy for not hiding the fact that it was damaged and then getting it repaired real fast to get it sold as some would do. I am sure you will have it looking good as new.

Nah. I wouldn't do that to anyone. :friends:
I sent him an e-mail first thing yesterday with photos. He's pretty cool about it saying as long as it's repaired in like quality of the car, he was good with it. Hey, why not? He gets a fresh paint job out of it probably.[/QUOTE]

Oh SHIT, Glen, sorry to hear that, surprised I didn't hear the cussing from here....I know YOU would have it been me.....

kill a few beers and get some shuteye, the sun comes up in the morning....

:suicide::crutches:

Oh SHIT, Glenn, sorry to hear that, surprised I didn't hear the cussing from here....I know YOU would have it been me.....

You know, I surprised myself with how calmly I reacted. My wife thought I was in shock when I didn't go apeshit. My statement was, "oh well, shit happens. Honey, get the camera and let's document this for the insurance company and my friends on the forum."
I can't imagine how upset Dirtbuster1 must have been with day after day of the world falling in on him. I have had weeks/months like that in the past when I was afraid to wake up and get out of bed just knowing something else bad was going to happen! My heart goes out to you Dirtbuster1 !!!.:friends:

Last edited:
Oh SHIT, Glenn, sorry to hear that, surprised I didn't hear the cussing from here....I know YOU would have it been me.....

You know, I surprised myself with how calmly I reacted. My wife thought I was in shock when I didn't go apeshit. My statement was, "oh well, shit happens. Honey, get the camera and let's document this for the insurance company and my friends on the forum."
I can't imagine how upset Dirtbuster1 must have been with day after day of the world falling in on him. I have had weeks/months like that in the past when I was afraid to wake up and get out of bed just knowing something else bad was going to happen! My heart goes out to you Dirtbuster1 !!!.:friends:

Glenn,

I think I found the final straw. The stock market has kicked my but pretty good the last couple of days. I guess it's all down hill from here.:smash::smash: Sorry to see what happened to Blue, that sounds like my kind of luck. If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.

Glenn,

I think I found the final straw. The stock market has kicked my but pretty good the last couple of days. I guess it's all down hill from here.:smash::smash: Sorry to see what happened to Blue, that sounds like my kind of luck. If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.

Hang tough my friend. The fed just dropped interest rates anothe 1/2%. Hopefully the market will recover and there is no loss for you. After all, the loss is only on paper till you sell.:censored: Glenn

Glenn,

Hang tough my friend. The fed just dropped interest rates anothe 1/2%. Hopefully the market will recover and there is no loss for you. After all, the loss is only on paper till you sell.:censored: Glenn

You are right. Thats what I keep telling myself.:banghead::banghead: