2008 npn mufflers

acwmsn

I looking at a pair of 2008 npn mufflers for my 2007 Z51. Any issues removing or installing mufflers on a C6?

Thank
ACWM

It's very tight. You have to lower the rear sway bar out of the way, even then it is very tight but doable. The stock muffler hits the rear frame right when it's out of the mid pipe. Loosening the mid pipe at the connection to the header pipes makes it a lot easier, however you can't get there if you only lift the rear.
If I ever had to do it again I'd drive the front on ramps and then lift the rear.

Use good jackstands !!! Better safe than sorry....

How did the mufflers come out? I want to do the same to my 08 vette. It has stock exhaust and I want to put the bi-mode (NPP) mufflers on.

If you don't care about the stock mufflers just cut the pipe on the inlet side of the mufflers, that makes removing the mufflers VERY easy...... now you still have to get the new ones in... no issue if they're smaller like the BB bullets or the Loudmouth... I installed some replica Borla mufflers not too long ago, they have a clamp connection on the inlet pipes, piece of cake to install these...

If you want to sell (and ship) the stock mufflers you'll have to cut the pipe anyways to get the box size and shipping cost down to a somewhat acceptable level :)

I looking at a pair of 2008 npn mufflers for my 2007 Z51. Any issues removing or installing mufflers on a C6?

Thank
ACWM

First of all, I think you mean NPP mufflers, as npn is a type of transistor.
Easy, just did it yesterday. A bit of wiggling here and there. Didn't have to drop anything. Got interrupted several times and still had the new ones installed in less than an hour. The right side is the hardest. Used a conventional drive-on lift at a repair shop. Now to install the mild to wild electronics today.