Ignition Wires

SmokinBBC

Looking for a good set to go with my DUI. (hei)

Anyone have experience with Moroso Ultra 40 8.65, MSD 8.5 or Magnecor KV85?

Also, saw that summit has it's own 8.5 wire with the same specs as the MSD wire, only cheaper...anyone use the summit brand?

TIA

Paul

I have only used the MSD Taylor and the moroso blue max (now also available in black)

Looking for a good set to go with my DUI. (hei)

Anyone have experience with Moroso Ultra 40 8.65, MSD 8.5 or Magnecor KV85?

Also, saw that summit has it's own 8.5 wire with the same specs as the MSD wire, only cheaper...anyone use the summit brand?

TIA

Paul

It's not so much the wire, as it is the quality of the connections/boots. The MSD 8.5's are GOOD units.

I use Taylor, I've been happy with them for years.

After my ignition system fried the Accel's i switched to Taylor,so far so good,except for the price :amazed:

Funny, my Accels fried as well, hmmmm.:confused2:

Whats up with that :crap: i got 500 miles out of mine before i noticed some cyl's going dead at idle,checked the resistance on them after changing,plugs,cap,rotor and the problem was still there,think the resistance on some was like infinity :gurney:

hmm, that's not encouraging. I haven't had my MSD wires on for too long and I'm definitely not firing on all 8 as of recently. I also just changed plugs from some NGK's to Champion. Maybe I'll change back to the NGK plugs and measure the wire resistance while I'm at it.

They sent me a sample of the DUI Livewire with the dist.

Looks well made. Has a heat sleeve covering the entire length of the wire. The ends are normal. Sleeve is good up 1000 degrees. The ends probably good up to 500-600 degrees without a sleeve. Very well put together.

Anyone use livewires?

They sent me a sample of the DUI Livewire with the dist.

Looks well made. Has a heat sleeve covering the entire length of the wire. The ends are normal. Sleeve is good up 1000 degrees. The ends probably good up to 500-600 degrees without a sleeve. Very well put together.

Anyone use livewires?

Here's the Livewire. Very well constructed.

IMG_0662.jpg

IMG_0663.jpg

IMG_0664.jpg

Jason, you have headers?

nope, stock manifolds. Definitely burnt 4 of my wires on 'em... should have invested in a decent loom. Only appears to be sleeve damage though since they still read normal resistance and seem to be working fine. Not sure where my miss is coming from.

A few years ago, combined with lack of Techron in my DPFI 355, I had a hell of a raggedy running problem...found the damn plugs were shorting on the headers, finally got pissed enough and bought a set of 8 Jacobs ceramic boots, THAT fixed the ignition system,...but the Techron keeps the injectors running fine.....

I swear between the injectors, and the ignition being so supremely intermittant on them headers, it was driving me nutz.....shut up.....:twitch:

:hunter::hunter::fishing:

Over a year ago I replaced the stock wires on my Z28 (rip) with MSD wires. Out of curiosity I measured the resistance and I was very surprised to see the stock wires at 300+ Ohms and the MSD wires at 30.... while this seems to be a very significant reduction of resistance the engine ran just as good as it did before, absolutely no difference as far as I could tell....

Thats kinda funny, I had a problem with my accel wires, too. The boots melted during my engine break-in on a couple of them. Went with a set of the universal msd wires that you cut yourself. I like the msd best because you can route them anyway you want and make it look the best. Work good too.