What size psiton for rear Wilwood Dynalite?

daveL82

I currently have Wilwood Forged Superlites on the front with four 1.75" pistons. I going to put new Wilwoods on the rear while I have the backend a part so I was wondering if the piston size should be the same at 1.75" or the smaller 1.38"?

Thanks for confirming. I was a bit concerned about the rears locking up due to the smaller piston. I plan on an adjustable proporioning valve down the road.

Thanks for confirming. I was a bit concerned about the rears locking up due to the smaller piston. I plan on an adjustable proporioning valve down the road.

its the other way around. Bigger dia pistons provide more force.

my 1.75/1.38 dynalites provide perfect balance. The stock pistons are 1.875/1.38 so the change gives more rear brakeing but the fronts still lock first with a square setup.

I was thinking the smaller caliper pistons would take up less volume so they would more more for a given amout of movement from the mater cylinder.

I almost have the hub assemblies completed so the brakes are next.

my 1.75/1.38 dynalites provide perfect balance. The stock pistons are 1.875/1.38 so the change gives more rear brakeing but the fronts still lock first with a square setup.

I agree... Had a panic stop a week ago and had no Issues with the same piston sizes in Superlite/Dynalite combo

:D

I agree... Had a panic stop

what caused the panic?

I agree... Had a panic stop

what caused the panic?

Grandpa did a left turn from the right lane in front of me, no signal and me doin 55 in a 55 in the LEFT LANE :eek::eek:

Just time enough to stomp the brakes, clear right and hard to starboard.