Where are the fusible links for the taillights?

enkeivette

Where are the fusible links for the taillights? The wires were hanging on the exhaust pipe and they must have shorted out, and I don't see any fuses that are blown. So I'm assuming that it must be a bad fusible link.

Where are the fusible links for the taillights? The wires were hanging on the exhaust pipe and they must have shorted out, and I don't see any fuses that are blown. So I'm assuming that it must be a bad fusible link.

I suspect your fuse in the block under the dash has gone, hope so anyway, either that or check the connector up top of the kick panel, or hopefully not the turn signal switch itself.....I dunno of any fuse link to the brake lights....

:eek:

Adam, What year is your car?
Generally, the fusable links feed the fuse box, and the fuses protect each circuit.
Early fusable links are on the horn relay, and later cars are on the starter battery post.

It's a 78.

I have the 77 downloaded. There is fusable link "A" at the starter. It feeds the High speed blower relay. This jumps down to the bulkhead connector, just inside the engine compartment, where fusable link "B" is located. IF you have 12 volts at the H.S. blower relay, and 0 volts at the fuse key on, it's "B" that is gone.
I would check for 12v at the fuse, key on, to a known ground. OR, just call me. I PM'd you my # again.

Turned out to be the fuse, it looked good but it was bad. Kinda looks like it blew where it was soldered to the cap, strange. Thanks for the help Jeff. :friends: