Is this cheating?

gkz

Filled in the gas cap indent w/epoxy filler, then milled with a sander for the '72emblems. The originals are somewhat scratched but not faded. Anyone that wants them (free, just shipping costs), PM. They're a pretty penny for new ones.

gascap.jpg

I'm clueless here, what did you fill in with the epoxy? Is your gas lid originally not completely flat (albeit a little curved) ????

I'm clueless here, what did you fill in with the epoxy? Is your gas lid originally not completely flat (albeit a little curved) ????

Sorry, TT. I should have PM'd you to see what the protocol was to offer something like this.

To answer the question, the lid is from a '75, which has a recessed hole for the medallion. It was flat--well, according to GM standards anyway...I just wanted to make sure the epoxy was on the same plane as the lid.

Sorry, TT. I should have PM'd you to see what the protocol was to offer something like this.

?? protocol on offering what??

To answer the question, the lid is from a '75, which has a recessed hole for the medallion. It was flat--well, according to GM standards anyway...I just wanted to make sure the epoxy was on the same plane as the lid.

I didn't kow that the 75s had that large medallion recessed :D learned something new :)

Free stuff is no problem at all. Thanks for offering these, they seem to be in decent shape. Not many who need such an emblem are looking in the "paint body and interior" section. I'd start a separate thread in 'parts' :thumbs: