Cut a hole in flooor

Yellow73SB

Now how to mount the seat....

More when I get back from hockey

The bar is a 1 5/8" .120 wall DOM

101_2137.jpg

I didn't cut it

I had my dad do it so he wouldn't whine. It's really good for him to even cut it that much. he originally wanted to just keep it mounted with brackets bolting it to the stock mount. :suicide:

It really gets annoying convincing him to do everything the right way, but I can't complain he pays the bills :lol:

but I can't complain he pays the bills :lol:

So he pays for the car?

Yep, I've never said he didn't. How would I buy it at age 13?

Plus why wouldn't he? We both drive the car

BTW the bracketry is pretty much all done, he did it all, it's nice to just have to weld it. :smash:. I changed a few things but he did pretty much all of it.

We just need to make 3 more little adapters tommorow and it will be finished. All of the safety things will be done.

Last edited:
So we have pretty much established your both young men living at home with talent. Move on already yet.:drink:

I still have bought a decent amount of parts for the car

I've made some money selling hydraboosts, plus money saved up

Ýou don't have to explain yourself, just post what you did, or what your dad did, who cares...as long as it's about vettes. And you're doing some stuff that most here have not done.

I'm still waiting for the final pics of your cage install however. Did I miss it?

Yeah, everything should be done and painted by the end of this week.

All the floor and birdcage will be painted black, the rollcage hammerite gunmetal, same as the fuelcell cage.

Looks great, I was wondering about the paint too..... that's going to be a pain to paint the cage inside the car, are you going to use "real" paint (base/clear) or rattle can the whole thing ?
I'd imagine a rattle can job might look cleaner in those areas where you just can't get to with a paint gun. The hose will be in your way many times.... then you just can't spray upside down with a gun.....Maybe shoot it with the gun first and then hit the rough/dry areas with a rattle can ??

That's going to be a challange, good luck :thumbs:

I was going to do the paint thing- but I ended up polishing mine out. Started w/ 80 in the rough spots then 120-220-320 and 600. Then a bufferwheel w/ mag wheel polish...But mines just a little 4 pointer...

P2020009.jpg
P2020013.jpg
P1010020fp.jpg
P1010021fp.jpg

The rest of the interior needs to be painted also

I'm thinking just flat or satin black