Awesome machine

Twin_Turbo

Der Maulwurf
Merlin V12 power :) (not for Howard, hosted by Peter Klutt :D )

[ame]http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=SIj2GVfua84[/ame]

Seen that bad boy before - not in person unfortunately.

55proj103_3.jpg

55proj103_4.jpg

55proj602_7.jpg

55proj902_2.jpg

55proj902_11.jpg

55proj902_14.jpg

Last edited:
Years ago, in Kensington Maryland, outside Wash DC, right there off Connecticut avenue, was a shop called Modifications Unlimited.....they were the ONLY shop between NYC and Miami that was a factory authorized repair center for Ferrari, Lambo, and some other European hotrods......they had a RR Merlin sitting there for a project.....I never saw the project as I stopped hanging around there for some years it was gone when I returned for a final visit years later.....I think they were doing a dragster....

But Mods unlimited had SO much money he was the son of some local power broker/millionaire.....to get the repair franchises took some pull for sure....

I remember a couple of guys that opened a small VW repair place called VOB, now the name was a take off of Volkswagen Of America, who were insanely jealous of their name and sued about anyone using even the term VW or Volkswagon in their business name.....let alone VOA, so the town down the road was Bethesda Maryland, right on the DC boundry line....

so VOB was the name of the business......they got a good rep, and the joint was owned by two German mechanics, one guys name was Anton (Tony) Schmidt, and so they became well known for good work and only on German imports....so when the Japs went to set up dealerships, none other than Datsun (today Nissan) gave them an opportunity to open a dealership, and so the locally famous VOB Nissan/BMW/etc dealership sets on Rockville pike and Old Georgetown Road .....and the sister dealership is up the road a piece selling Mercedes, and some other imports....

not bad for a couple of guys, who I could have worked for back when, had I done so instead of screwing around in college, I maybe well have been a millionaire......a couple of other employees did make that kind of bux, and that was in the 70's......when it actually meant something.....

:eek::smash::crap: