How deep to I need to grind spider veins? Pic.

enkeivette

I traced the cracks with the edge of a dremel grinding wheel, didn't go very deep. How deep and how wide should I go before I fill with the reinforced filler?

2itjtqs.jpg

And should I connect the areas where the cracks are close together?

If it's fiberglass (doesn't look like glass), hit it with 36 grit and use reinforced filler. personally I like to get the surface as rough as possible to get best mechanical grip for the filler or resin....

If it's a urethane bumper: I have a small dual cartridge Duramix urethane repair "stuff" (sandable adhesive/filler)... if you can use it it's yours (leftover from a previous 'project').

You may know this, but, for those that may not, when your done and ready to paint, or insist that your painter apply a nice coat of Dupont or other GOOD sealer, this stuff makes up for alot of issues later down the road. No sanding, just start your base right on top. It is like a miracle cure for fiberglass problems, plus it will make your paint look very nice, even coverage. Dang, I sprayed it on my wife and she is now 21yo with big boobs, love the stuff!

best
tt

You may know this, but, for those that may not, when your done and ready to paint, or insist that your painter apply a nice coat of Dupont or other GOOD sealer, this stuff makes up for alot of issues later down the road. No sanding, just start your base right on top. It is like a miracle cure for fiberglass problems, plus it will make your paint look very nice, even coverage. Dang, I sprayed it on my wife and she is now 21yo with big boobs, love the stuff!

best
tt

yup :thumbs:

I've thought about rhino lining my girlfriends boobs, but I'm worried about loosing that nice smooth texture. :amused:

Not sure what the bumper is, it's not a stock bumper for my car. It actually looks to be made of SMC, not fiberglass. But it is rigid, not urethane.

So assuming it's SMC, how deep and how wide should I grind?

If it's fiberglass (doesn't look like glass), hit it with 36 grit and use reinforced filler. personally I like to get the surface as rough as possible to get best mechanical grip for the filler or resin....

If it's a urethane bumper: I have a small dual cartridge Duramix urethane repair "stuff" (sandable adhesive/filler)... if you can use it it's yours (leftover from a previous 'project').

That's good stuff. I had the ole center split in my dash on the 82, used this stuff there too for repair, painted over it and it is looking great after 1year. :yahoo:

That's good stuff. I had the ole center split in my dash on the 82, used this stuff there too for repair, painted over it and it is looking great after 1year. :yahoo:

Here's the dual cartridge that I have: DuraMix4058
2148d44fb63d5d6.jpg

I believe it has some sort of expiration date.... can't be good forever.... I have it for 6 months so it needs to be used some time soon....

Tip:

After grinding out the spider veins I went over the area with laquer thinner to clean it off. I noticed about 10 cracks that I had missed because of the laquer thinner. After you wipe it on, it will highlight the hidden cracks for about 3 seconds.