Extra Piece

Dirtbuster1

Does anyone know where this piece goes. It came off of the drivers side, possibly motor mount area. I have my engine out, and I need to fiqure out where it goes. It seems to be an isolation pad of some time type.

25248d11a8a82227.jpg

Mystery Part

Put everything back together without it, and if it runs you're good to go!
Is it an '82? How big is the piece, need a ruler in the picture?

I don't like putting things back together with extra pieces. I have found it easier to do it right the 1st time. It will run without this piece, but it is there for some reason. It had to come off from the motor mount or power steering pump area somewhere.

It is about 1" x 3" with 2 rubber pads & a 3/8" hole.

Hmmm i don't remember any thing like that when i pulled my motor last year,might be time to break out the AIM book or a parts book and look.

I took the part in to the local O'reilly's. The manager spotted right off. It is the piece that went on the back of the new A/C compressor to seal it off. I forgot when I removed the bolt, it popped off and I couldn't find it. 6 months later it shows up.

It seems it was an extra piece that wasn't really important, but I at least now know where it went.

Thanks for the help!

COOL because i dug out the AIM and was looking for it and could nor find anything even close :banghead: now i know why :search: