The New Chevy VOLT

OK - so how long will it take (from production launch) for someone to get their hands on one of these, rip out the "volts" and stuff a tube chassis, a beefy rear end and a 572 w/ a blower in it? :nuts:

2 little, 2 late, WAY overpriced.....stripped it should sell for less than ten grand....LIST......loaded 13-15......

and it should be here NOW....

:stirpot:

In today's world with today's economy, you can't find ANY car for $10k. I looked on the Chevy website and couldn't find a price for the Volt, but I know the Honda Civic Hybrid (not-all-electric) runs around $23,500.

The problem here is that American people have a perception that American cars are not as good as imports. This idea all started back in the mid-70's, when American car quality was in the toilet, and Jap cars were starting to arrive on our shores in large numbers.

I've just always been an American car guy. I don't like imports and never have.

As far as the Volt, I wish Chevrolet good luck with this... hope the roll-out is SOONER than projected!!!:idea:

I"m just saying that the way the news is lately about layoffs, economy and those crooks on wall street that need do some Attica time, the money available for 20 grand new cars is not there anymore....people going to be buying used for a LONG time......and it will affect the weak makers more than say Toy/Honda.....they got that pubic perception going for them....

I think, due to battery problems, electric cars are a farce, and the only alternative is CNG or some such replacement fuel.....and that's NOT ethanol, not HERE anyway.....

NOW IF we get a whole new physics breakthrough in energy storage, THEN electric cars will be cool, but not until........

:fishing:

If they, the crooks in washington, would invest some money into alternate fuels to take the place of gas in normal cars we could get the problem solved. If I could dump something other than gas in my Vette and 03 Silverado that's made in America for $1 a gallon then life would be alot better. A few billion dollars in a war could've been put toward alot better things here at home. Make fuel here, create jobs, boost economy. I should run for office.

If they, the crooks in washington, would invest some money into alternate fuels to take the place of gas in normal cars we could get the problem solved. If I could dump something other than gas in my Vette and 03 Silverado that's made in America for $1 a gallon then life would be alot better. A few billion dollars in a war could've been put toward alot better things here at home. Make fuel here, create jobs, boost economy. I should run for office.

You have my vote :wink:

You have my vote :wink:

Me too.:wink:

EXCELLENT! Now here's the problem. There are many young, idealistic politicians who have those same exact goals and plans...

BUT..... something happens to them when they get to Washington.

I don't understand it, but it happens. And the next thing you know, they are going with the flow of the "crooks".

If you can do it, more power to ya!!! :D

EXCELLENT! Now here's the problem. There are many young, idealistic politicians who have those same exact goals and plans...

BUT..... something happens to them when they get to Washington.

I don't understand it, but it happens. And the next thing you know, they are going with the flow of the "crooks".

If you can do it, more power to ya!!! :D

:shocking:You answered your own question....'idealistic, young'......and then something happens.....it's call REALITY.....

Yea, lots of good ideas get bought by people with lots of money and torn up to preserve their own money.

Yea, lots of good ideas get bought by people with lots of money and torn up to preserve their own money.

I have a noid for sale, so then you can have a pair of them.....

:eek:

too many new products every damn day, you have a actual factual proven system to create ANYTHING that is marketable, and can actually RUN a company, and you got ALL the financing you can find, untill that, put up or shut up as the old saying goes.....

but you need make scientific sense, not them old stories about 100 mpg carbs and other myths off the car scene for since the roman daze.....

Ben Hur didn't power his chariot via a jackass either.....but you note the Dem party symbol....

but I"m not much in favor of the :bs: in DC either....as both parties seem to be playing poly ticks with the economy, the D's forcing bad mortgages onto banks for some social issue type thing.....then when the chickens come home, WE have to pick it up.....

the allowing of GIANT financial companies, that are SO HUGE that when they fail, they take the whole damn NATION with them???

then DC encourages banks like BOA to buy up other companies?? when BOA itself is too huge and needs be broken up for the financial security of the nation??......all the rong regulations outta DC and none of the common sense correct ones.....

I spent 53 years in the Wash DC area, got older there, but like most hotrodders I deal with REALITY, not some damn dream.....

SO IF you going to change DC, you have to know a few things before you even know where to look to MAKE CHANGE WITH.....that is McCain, he knows where the roaches live....

NoBam will be overwhelmed and ineffective as he is a dreamer who has actually accomplished NOTHING....NO track record other than being a nice guy and reading a teleprompter....

:smash::smash::bounce:

the D's forcing bad mortgages onto banks for some social issue type thing....

That's BS Gene. The Carter initiative accounted for 1/10th % of them loans. That was the banks getting greedy, nothing else.

That's BS Gene. The Carter initiative accounted for 1/10th % of them loans. That was the banks getting greedy, nothing else.

By the time 'fair lenging' got a hold the same standards were applied across the board by LAW, so it started under Carter, got ever so much larger under Clinton and no one said jack diddly....

the pubs did nothing, but the D's got the ball rolling into the gutter.....

By the time 'fair lenging' got a hold the same standards were applied across the board by LAW, so it started under Carter, got ever so much larger under Clinton and no one said jack diddly....

Funny. I remember Reagan de-regulating the banks.:rolleyes:

Funny. I remember Reagan de-regulating the banks.:rolleyes:

YUP, and it was a BAD move, it spread the Do mo crat cancer all over the system, so instead of just ONE or TWO entities going down, the whole damn thing collapses with cooked books, bailouts and the mentality of get hell outta Dodge before the Earps come to town....so relaxing the loan qualifications for one group of people ran into everyone getting loans....goose and gander, but now both the goose AND gander are cooked....

I find that car revolting. If they build a bunch of electric cars, then the electric companies will just jack up the price of electricity.
Alternate fuel? Ethanol has caused a gigantic corn shortage for food purposes and jacked the price of corn sky high. Wonderful. You can drive around looking for grocery stores that don't have the food you need to eat. :rolleyes:
Maybe we should mount a propeller on the roof of a car and use wind to power it? That idiot and his buddy that are endorsing compressed gas to power cars is a real winner. They show a gas station sign where compressed gas is selling for $2.00 a gallon. Riiiiight. How long do you think it will take for gas stations to jack that price up to $4.00 a gallon?

I find that car revolting. If they build a bunch of electric cars, then the electric companies will just jack up the price of electricity.
Alternate fuel? Ethanol has caused a gigantic corn shortage for food purposes and jacked the price of corn sky high. Wonderful. You can drive around looking for grocery stores that don't have the food you need to eat. :rolleyes:
Maybe we should mount a propeller on the roof of a car and use wind to power it? That idiot and his buddy that are endorsing compressed gas to power cars is a real winner. They show a gas station sign where compressed gas is selling for $2.00 a gallon. Riiiiight. How long do you think it will take for gas stations to jack that price up to $4.00 a gallon?

U R largely correct on most counts there, but I suspect if we have some legit choices in the matter, we can count on SOME competition between alternatives to keep prices at least REASONABLE if not cheeep.....

but then again, I blame most all of this mess we are in on the green weenies, and have no bones about it for a position on the matter, because I know I"m right.....when we ran 40 freeking years burning 15% more crude oil then necessary due to stupid EPA type crap, when the only thing that cleaned up California air was tree cutting due to suburban expansion, and electronic engine controls.....NOT Cat ASS trophic converters, and unleaded gas....

right there those two things cost 10% more crude to make a gallon of gas, and then we go for the lost MPG we all endured....

if not for electronics to the rescue in the early 80's gas would be over 5 bux/gallon 8 years ago..........then we have the rest of it....stop everything industrial and ship it to China....WHY?? because the weenies are scared over everything....like them idiots in the tree?? the one that made the news about them trying to stop a construction project?? I would have simply brought out a chain saw and cut the freeking tree down, them IN it....

just for as an example of them to GTFOUTTATHEDAMNWAY of the rest of the world.....

damn nitwits.....

:stirpot::stirpot::crap::censored: