Heat stove on a crossfire!

Joe Dirt

What is the heat stove for? Winter driving? If it is blocked off, would that be a gain in performance? Keep the heat out of the engine. Would the computer go crazy and run like crap?

I'm looking for free performance for my crossfire, would this help or not?

Yes, it's set up so only coolant recirculates through it when the heater valve is open. The rear ports (head/manifold) are blocked off. The heater picks the coolant from the rear outlet. Just keep the heater turned off :)

I'm talking about the stove pipe from the exhaust manifold to the crossfire air box on top of engine. That heats the coolant?

Oh, you mean the thermac system, no it heats the intake air but it's vacuum controlled by a thermo switch under the manifold base. If it's working, leave it in place. Otherwise your car may be a pita to start.

My heat riser pipe was so old and beat up that it eventually fell off. I didn't notice any difference in starting or performance so I just left it off.:)

I do keep the car garaged all the time and normally don't drive it in cold weather so I don't know about cold weather starting conditions.