Painting trim.

kwplot34

Heart Attack
I repainted the window trim and rocker panel last week,the window trim is supposed to be black but all the paint wore off years ago down to the chrome,and the rocker panels,well they just looked bad :smash:

What i did was take a scotch brite pad and scuffed up all the metal and removed the remaining black trim paint,cleaned the parts and then wiped them down with metal prep. I then applied 3 coats of self etching primer did a little sanding in between coats,and after a 3 hr drying time i applied 3 coats of SEM black trim paint.
I think they turned out great,all the little scratches got filled in and the paint has a very smooth finish to it.
Here are some pics,the pic of the rear window trim,it looks like there is chrome still showing all the way around on the edges in the pic :confused2: i don't know what thats all about

100_0752.jpg
100_0753.jpg
100_0754.jpg
100_0755.jpg
100_0756.jpg

Kevin,

Did you use the SEM Trim Black? Did you remove the rear moulding, or just tape everything up?

Looks good Kev. My sill trims are black now but I want to polish them - maybe we shoulda swapped :lol:

:twitch:Damm now you bring it up :push: i really wanted to pc mine but some of the parts would not fit in the oven:confused2:
When I was knee deep in parts I was powder coating for the BOSS, my son and his friend were watching me when the friend asked if I was going to pc the whole car :lol:

Had to explain to him how it worked/oven size/fiberglass car etc...

I took them down to metal, I plan to spray epoxy then black then clear over them. Rocker panels too.

Looks good Kev. My sill trims are black now but I want to polish them - maybe we shoulda swapped :lol:

:twitch:Damm now you bring it up :push: i really wanted to pc mine but some of the parts would not fit in the oven:confused2:
When I was knee deep in parts I was powder coating for the BOSS, my son and his friend were watching me when the friend asked if I was going to pc the whole car :lol:

Had to explain to him how it worked/oven size/fiberglass car etc...

I would LOVE to PC my entire vette, black crinkle....that would look cool....