modern wheels on C3s - photos

MYBAD79

Found these on the internet.... unfortunately they did not provide fitment details such as spacer size... enjoy...

2148ca9e6ba56ca.jpg
2148ca9e6c2df7d.jpg
2148ca9e6cd3cf3.jpg
2148ca9e6d96c7b.jpg
2148ca9e6e4162e.jpg
2148ca9e6ed3cec.jpg
2148ca9e6f72263.jpg
2148ca9e6fbdd6e.jpg

Pretty sweet! The only one I don't care for is the first photo, but only because of the super low-profile tires. I just think our cars look a little better with a little more tire showing...

Still pretty nice! :beer:

IMO...wheels now larger than 18" and tires of stock outer diameter...

17" wheels and 275/50/17 is what I have in rear 255/50/17 up front....

I can see 18" and 275/40/18 maybe something like that, whatever fits...

but doing wheels off a covered wagon just look stupid, but that goes for any car....it's a PICKUP not a 18 wheeler, damnit....

DSCF0008.jpg

Here's a write up:
http://motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=669

Pretty sweet! The only one I don't care for is the first photo, but only because of the super low-profile tires. I just think our cars look a little better with a little more tire showing...

Still pretty nice! :beer:

Depends on the ride height for me. I'm not a fan of smaller than stock diameter tires, but my car is so low that I needed smaller diameter tires for fender clearance.

Next time I have to buy tires I'll keep the 25.5s up front, but I'll try to get closer to 27" for the back.

Last edited:
I hardly ever like the offset wheels but enkei's look good, must indeed be because of the slammed look. I prefer deep dished wheels however.

I hardly ever like the offset wheels but enkei's look good, must indeed be because of the slammed look. I prefer deep dished wheels however.

I prefer deep dished wheels also, but they are 19s and I got a great deal on them with brand new Nittos. Couldn't pass it up, just for the low profile sidewall alone. I think they look ok, better than I thought they would. The black paint will make them look more at home.

I put 17's on Ol' Red, The problem is I didn't have any reference to go by as to what would fit, so I had to stay a little conservative so I didn't get a wheel/tire combo that I couldn't use. (and then couldn't return). Those L-88 flares have enough room that I could almost put duals on the rear. Next go around I'll have a better idea of what will fit and I'll go with rear tires that are taller AND wider. Going to the 17's with the 4" backspacing was the trick IMHO- The 17 diameter clears all the usual close points and the 4" bs moves them out 1/2". And I've still got lots of space I could fill with the right combination.

I'm with TT- I like the look of the dished wheels a little more, but when the car sets low like enkei's it adds to the package..

I really believe these are the lightest wheels money can buy (and its manufacturing is really sky high...)...11.5x15 rear and 9.5x15 front...

5-oct-07311-1.jpg

I prefer dish wheels also, but the huge price differential between C4 wheels in clean shape, and prices on aftermarket dish wheels to fit a vette, are just astronomical....a grand or better for wheels these daze is just outta the range of reasonable....and I know guys spend tons more than that even.....

:shocking::beer: