Newbie with an L-82

joehalford01

Hey there guys,

I've been checking the site out for a couple hours already. :eek: freakin awesome! I love the format, and I recognize several of you from other forums. I'll be posting here and there what i can, don't expect too much though, i have to focus on getting my 63 truck finished before i dive too much deeper into the vette. Here are some pics of the car when i bought it:
front.jpg
engine.jpg
interior.jpg
rear.jpg
Some goodies i recently installed. I'm still finalizing the wiring but the car runs so much better now it's unreal.
P8110067.jpg

Hi Joe, welcome to Vettemod :hi:

What is there to "dive in" to on your Vette? It looks pretty sweet...

Thanks for the compliments guys, your right, this car can pretty much be driven as is with a little bit of maintenance here and there, but man, i finally have a car worth buying all the stuff for that i dream about on summitracing.com. I don't even care that some it is not even pertinant. Like the taylor sealed battery box sitting on the shelf waiting to go in. It's just cool, totally unecessary, but aluminum, seal battery boxes are just cool lol.

Other things i'd like to dive into:

New suspension throughout-the best i can get-which means i'll be waiting a while. haha

motor plans:
I'd like a set of afr heads
then a weiand 142 supercharger (they come in smog legal trim now)
other misc. engine mods
and then......hopefully.....if my wife gets all set on her new career (she'll be making twice the mula)....maybe i can talk her into a world products 454 sbc short block to swap all my gear onto. I figure even in full smog trim, 454 cubes plus 6-8 psi boost will make the car plenty fast. and the smog guys will never know.

I'm also removing things here and there that i can live without to save weight.

but like i said, i've got to get this truck back together, i've been comtemplating letting it go but damn, i hate to give up, especially when everyone was telling me i shouldn't strip it to the bare frame because i'll never finish it, i wouldn't want anyone to be right :evil: now would I?:drink:

...i finally have a car worth buying all the stuff for that i dream about on summitracing.com. I don't even care that some it is not even pertinant...
Cool, glad I'm not the only person that buys stuff because I can and because it looks good :lol:

I'm guilty of that also :huh2: i have caught a little heat every now and then,being asked why? Because i can :D