awesome sights

Twin_Turbo

Der Maulwurf
We checked out the petrified forest, meteor crater and the grand canyon...and all I can say is DAMN!!! especially the GC. That is one awesome sight!

Here's us @ meteor crater (well, this was in the museum....the pic sucks :D )

248c1fe4d743ea.jpg

I managed to take this pic of the drill pit through one of the telescopes

248c1fe9b08d2b.jpg

...and the GC...

248c1ff39a876f.jpg

Hey i posted those same pic's a month ago. They are pretty cool sights though. Have fun on your drive across the Mojave that seems to never end :banghead:

Hell of a hole in the ground, watch it on that edge, first step is a BIG one....

be fun to walk some of the river, I missed that part.....

from that primary vantage point on the south rim, right at road's end....that sign said 65 miles to the opposite rim, 1400' higher, and down the feeder river there was 140? miles away....

crazy isn't it...just nutz.....

:D:D:bonkers: every color in the rainbow, spend a day there just sitting and taking pix....the colors change dramatically through a typical day, I am told it really changes if some clouds/storms pass through....

I have a CD I bought there of Ferde' Grofe's Grand Canyon Suite, with the pix on it.....get it, pretty cool.....

we have a pan shot of it on the wall, too.....

You have already passed Santa Fe and Taos NMex...hope you stopped by to see some sites there too....interesting towns....

see the Damn Dam too....and of course Vegas....

7200' elevation where you were there....oops.....

:D

Originally we weren't going through santa fe as we came from albuquerque but we made a detour. There was nothing to see along the way :D and there was supposed to be some indian cave stuff there but we couldn't find it. We did drive the section of r66 through Santa Fe, in fact we did all of them...we didn't cheat and use I44 and I40 here.

Still going to Vegas and Hoover dam.

There's a big R66 festival in Flagstaff here today so we're going to hang here a little longer and then go to Laughlin.

Still going to Vegas and Hoover dam.

The Hoover dam tour is a MUST. Nascar track is North end of town. Spring Mountain race track is 90 minutes west of town. Go trash that rental car before turning it in. :bounce:
Clutchdust also lives in Vegas. Tim has his phone #.

Trip of a lifetime huh? I flew over the GC, wow what a site!

Maybe just rub Cherry's head for luck B4 you go to Vegas:D

Nice pic of you guys...don't you ever smile? The pic looks like you two are pizzed and ready to kick someone's arse.:crutches::crutches::hunter:

:lol:That's what I was going to say--"Don't you guys know how to smile? You're supposed to be having fun!"

The GC is just incredible, but what I get a kick out of is that within 50 or so miles of where I live, you can step across the Colorado River without hardly getting your shoes wet!

Did you think about all those movies & pioneer stories of the Old West as you were driving across it? A lot of it is still real there. I hope you stopped for a while in the middle of nowhere once or twice to get a feeling for the desert southwest. Look at the stars, listen to the wind, feel the sun, soak it all in.

Happy travels

Last edited:
Dang!! You guys were in NM and didn't stop in?!?!?!?:amazed: Just kiddin. I live in the southwest corner of the state. Way far from where you were headed. Glad you are enjoying the country. Although from that picture, you guys look like two foreign hitmen :p

Welcome to the desert southwest - although I wish I was a little further north (CO) AZ is a very cool area. There are infinate rust free projects here in AZ. This keeps me happy and my wife nervous :bounce:

Welcome to the desert southwest - although I wish I was a little further north (CO) AZ is a very cool area. There are infinate rust free projects here in AZ. This keeps me happy and my wife nervous :bounce:

Ahhhhhhhh Arizona,where men are happy,car's are rust free,and wifes are nervous and have no fingernail's :smash::smash:

Maybe a new state slogan,what do you think??

:tomato:

Wow!Actually a half azz smile, no matter how cheezy:harhar: What's that tire mark on the left rear of Kyle's car in the background?:clobbered: