82 TPI Conversion

Dirtbuster1

Is there anyone out there that put a TPI unit on an 82 without having to modify the hood. I have gotten mixed reviews on its installation. I have been told that the 81-82 hood will work, but will the 82 hood work without cutting the hood? I would assume that the CFI air passage will have to be modifed in some way, I just don't know how much.

Suggestions Please.

I can't help you much as I have not done the conversion and my stock '79 hood seems to be lower than your '82 anyways.

Worst case it doesn't fit and you have a good excuse to install a L88 or high rise hood :beer::devil:

I can't help you much as I have not done the conversion and my stock '79 hood seems to be lower than your '82 anyways.

Worst case it doesn't fit and you have a good excuse to install a L88 or high rise hood :beer::devil:

I have decided that a hood mod will not take place. It looks like any GM or aftermarket TPI system will still have to use the factory ECM harness to operate properly. I might as well find the problem before doing anything else.

Thanks for the help.