Belt alignment

big2bird

Charter Member, Founder Bird-Run, Cruise-In Bird-R
348bbf110125a2.jpg
I spent maybe 2-3 hours aligning all the belts/pulleys yesterday before I drop this BBC. Last night, I noticed the A/C belt just .010" from the water pump snout. I guess I will have to shim the water pump pully and the crank pulley out 1/8" and start over. Better now than in the car.:crutches:

I'll have to get these crank and water pump shims from Moroso
348bbfd06d1920.jpg
348bbfd07243e3.jpg

And no Howard, not a chance in hell I am pulling the balancer out 1/8" to "make it work.";)
How the hell do you do that and get 65lbs of torque on that bolt anyhow if you do that?:bs: And what about the crank sprocket "floating?":quote:

Well, since you are having so much troubles, send that engine to me, and I can find a home for it here,.....maybe use it for a generator or boat, or vette, but I can figger out how to make it work.....

:devil::devil::chinese::friends:

Well, since you are having so much troubles, send that engine to me, and I can find a home for it here,.....maybe use it for a generator or boat, or vette, but I can figger out how to make it work.....

:devil::devil::chinese::friends:

Rich (Cherry) has a 454 Maark V with 1,000 miles on it. Call him. (Good price too)

And no Howard, not a chance in hell I am pulling the balancer out 1/8" to "make it work.";)

well, you should all know that ingenious repair came from a very well respected Corvette expert.....respected by a bunch of idiots but respected all the same.
:evil:

well, you should all know that ingenious repair came from a very well respected Corvette expert.....respected by a bunch of idiots but respected all the same.

Is this the same world wide vette expert that says "It's ok to use a hammer on the crank gear and balancer" :quote:

:smash::smash::smash::smash:

Is this the same world wide vette expert that says "It's ok to use a hammer on the crank gear and balancer" :quote:

:smash::smash::smash::smash:

yep, one in the same.....speaking of hammers I believe he told someone to hit a front coil spring with a hammer to shorten it, hopefully the guy didn`t listen.....