Clutch not slipping....another problem

SmokinBBC

So I did all the test to make it slip...no slip...so before I start screwing with the Freeplay, I talk to a guy at work who has a tremek 5 speed with the same clutch make in his '69 Camaro. He says it's not the clutch. Either fuel or ignition. So he tells me to do a couple of tests for fuel and gives me 2 different coils to try in case my coil is bad. Another rodder with a strip 70 nova agrees with him.

So before I go out for testing, I measure the primary and secondary resistance on those 2 coils so I can compare to mine. So I open the hood and take the ignition shield off and pull the wire off the coil....only to discover that the wire end is NOT down into the tower...Jeezus Smokin..do ya think this could be your problem?:banghead:

So I fix that little issue and take it out for a long ride..about 88 degrees out...got the sucker good and hot...blazing radiant heat in the interior...beat the livin shit out of it....

Um...no slip, no break-up, no fuel starvation...well I guess I should be happy right now...but feelin kinda stupid.

Anyhow...the both of those guys have just about talked me into an aftermarket HEI system with a rev limiter added.....One of them highly recommends the DUI...but the mechanical tack one is a bit pricey....

I know...I know...if it's not broken..............

So I did all the test to make it slip...no slip...so before I start screwing with the Freeplay, I talk to a guy at work who has a tremek 5 speed with the same clutch make in his '69 Camaro. He says it's not the clutch. Either fuel or ignition. So he tells me to do a couple of tests for fuel and gives me 2 different coils to try in case my coil is bad. Another rodder with a strip 70 nova agrees with him.

So before I go out for testing, I measure the primary and secondary resistance on those 2 coils so I can compare to mine. So I open the hood and take the ignition shield off and pull the wire off the coil....only to discover that the wire end is NOT down into the tower...Jeezus Smokin..do ya think this could be your problem?:banghead:

So I fix that little issue and take it out for a long ride..about 88 degrees out...got the sucker good and hot...blazing radiant heat in the interior...beat the livin shit out of it....

Um...no slip, no break-up, no fuel starvation...well I guess I should be happy right now...but feelin kinda stupid.

Anyhow...the both of those guys have just about talked me into an aftermarket HEI system with a rev limiter added.....One of them highly recommends the DUI...but the mechanical tack one is a bit pricey....

I know...I know...if it's not broken..............

I don't know how many times I thought I had a MAJOR problem and it turned out to just a little problem. It's happen to all of us.:friends: