my 75 project

chris75stingray

i've had this car for 5 years. it is a 1975 l48 with a th400 trans. i've rebuilt front and rear suspension , swapped the 3.08 's for 4.11 gears, added hydroboost brakes from a astrovan, dual electric fans from an 01 ford focus, hooker sidepipes, lemans headlights, stripped it and painted it candy apple red.and i've done all the work myself with some help from my dad.
bvette5.jpg

bvette3.jpg

IMG_1203.jpg

IMG_1208.jpg
(here's an old engine pic before the hydroboost and headers)
car024.jpg

and here's my dad's buick gsx clone (still in progress)
car028.jpg
IMG_0025.jpg
IMG_1220.jpg

HEY, cool dad there, got some rides and you all do such nice work, I have this project that needs painting.......and need volunteers......

:chinese::rain::tomato:

the mustang is my older brothers. it a 68. it's got a pretty modified driveline in it . engine is a 302, 5 speed manual, detriot locker rear, slicks. the thing can't get any traction though because it's got no weight in the rear so it's a fancy smoke machine.

the mustang is my older brothers. it a 68. it's got a pretty modified driveline in it . engine is a 302, 5 speed manual, detriot locker rear, slicks. the thing can't get any traction though because it's got no weight in the rear so it's a fancy smoke machine.

Damn FORDs- always with "the too much horsepower".:tomato:

Ya...fancy smoke machines:quote:

Tell him to install traction bars in the rear, and remote the battery to the trunk, using a big ass marine battery. That's what we used to do in H.S.
Put's about 100lbs in the trunk instead of sand bags.:yahoo:

he's got the battery in the trunk and traction bars. i think one of his problems is that his 1st gear ratio is way to low for the setup(i don't kmow the exact # though)

Nice cars.

I have a question: "Do those wraps on the side pipes make a difference? Do you think they are worth it?"

Nice cars.

I have a question: "Do those wraps on the side pipes make a difference? Do you think they are worth it?"

they make a huge difference. after a drive i can hold my hand on the pipe for a few seconds before it feels too hot. without the wrap as soon as you touch it instant burn

Cool projects - your car looks great and tell your old man I like that Buick too! Are you in AZ? Guessing with the cactus in the pic.

Tom

Here's a pic of a GS in NL, I like this a LOT! and it would be even better with some decent wheels.

spacer.jpg

yeah those wheels look out of place. my dad got cragars for his. also the rear is low for my taste. these old muscle cars should be lifted in back

both cars look nice! What did you do with the original headlight asseblies?

there sitting in my house. i tried to sell them on another forum but didn't get any hits. maybe i'll put them up for sale here.

Please PM me a price before you put them up for sale. A friend of mine is converting back to stock from the 80's rectangular headlights and his looking for a set of originals...