'74 Big Block Vert on Craigs...

Luster

Compulsively Anal
I can't believe the price on this car. I even e-mailed the guy and asked him if it was a typo. He's in the Navy and leaving for Iraq in a couple weeks. He wants to sell the car this weekend. $6,300.

'74 Vette, convertible, 454, 4-speed, air, new paint, new interior, white/red...

He said it was perfect with no rock chips, scratches and said it runs great... 76,000 miles (+/-) and everything works great.

Anyone interested? I sure would like to see someone on this board get this nice car!:)

How could you go wrong for that price?!!

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/815276946.html

Pictures Here...

d3a1_4.jpg

Last edited:
ANYONE with Jeff/B2B phone number??? CALL HIM.....i'ts in VEGAS to boot....

he looking that is perfect candidate......

Here's the e-mail I got from the seller. I sure he won't mind if I post his e-mail since he's probably getting lots of e-mail about this car...

[email protected] Serious inquiries only.

Hello ,

I apologize for the delay, I'm in the Navy and now I am in United Kingdom and that's why I couldn't reply in time. Anyway, thank you for your interest in buying the car. Why is the price so low? I am selling the car because I am here in UK with my work, and my squadron will be deployed in three weeks in Iraq and I think I'll stay there for a while that's why I'm selling it so cheap. I intend to buy a new car when I'll get back home. So all that I want to do now is to sell the car at this price,because I need to sell it fast. Now I will tell you a few words about the car. 1974 Chevrolet Corvette LS4 , it is in perfect condition, with no need for additional repairs, no scratches, dings, special marks whatsoever.The interior looks great (NO SMOKING). It has 76,306 miles and the VIN # is: 1Z67Z4S419303 . It has a clear title ready to be signed and notarized on your name. I have the pictures hosted on the internet and you can see them at : http://i462.photobucket.com/albums/qq346/74vette_photos/

The price is $6300 THIS IS MY LAST PRICE. I will not negotiate the price. I will take in consideration only those buyers who are really interested in buying the car, to be sure that I don't waste my time with endless discussions.This way, I shall be assured of the serious intentions. So if you are interested please email me back for next step.

Thank you.

Fred,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
U.S. Navy. Fred Kent - US Naval Observatory

Last edited:
I'd take it now if someone local could check it out for all the normal gremilns. Anyone?

I'd take it now if someone local could check it out for all the normal gremilns. Anyone?

If I drive up and look at it, I am going to buy it.:lol:

I've sent him an e-mail, but it sounds a little too good to be true. :wink:

Even if it was riddles with gremlins, it'd have to be worth that price wouldn't it? You'd have to at least make your money back even if you parted it out wouldn't you?

Even if it was riddles with gremlins, it'd have to be worth that price wouldn't it? You'd have to at least make your money back even if you parted it out wouldn't you?

Jeff, just call Ca. DMV and see if the S# is hot or not.....

the car can be a total rag, but with a body like that...you can't loose....

so you need a frame, so what???
2 grand you got a frame....

US Naval Observatory....just down the road on Mass Ave NW...Wash Dc, a top security joint these days, didn't used to be though....the guy is no crook.....

I told him I would pick it up this weekend I need to check on my house over there anyway good reason to go there.

lets see if its real.

I told him I would pick it up this weekend I need to check on my house over there anyway good reason to go there.

lets see if its real.

So did I. Call me if you get the e-mail, and I'll do the same. Darrow, can you run a Carfax? I'll send you the VIN#

US Naval Observatory....just down the road on Mass Ave NW...Wash Dc, a top security joint these days, didn't used to be though....the guy is no crook.....

Ever heard of "alias."
If it sounds to good to be true,............................:sweat:

1) Ca DMV won't run Nevada plates
2) Carfax goes back to '81
3) The pictures were taken in Tyler Texas
4) The car is in L.V.
5) The "owner" is in the U.K.

:bullshit::bullshit::bullshit:

4) The car is in L.V.

Yeh, I hear you, keep scratching though, but obviously you need see the car and title work as being clean before forking money...then drive it onto your trailer.....

THEN it's your car.....

obviously.....but I do tend to question this spread out location crap....

4) The car is in L.V.

Yeh, I hear you, keep scratching though, but obviously you need see the car and title work as being clean before forking money...then drive it onto your trailer.....

THEN it's your car.....

obviously.....but I do tend to question this spread out location crap....

Last year, a guy here at work, found a 73 complete running for 4,000. The deals are still out there for now.
That price could be a bait. But, it's still worth "looking" into.:quote:

I am still waiting to hear from the owner.
I have had a friend do some research on it, and the title is clear with no liens and no reported theft.:thumbs:

Okay. I heard from the guy. It's a scam. I will post what I know if Larry okays it.
NOBODY FALL FOR THIS ONE

Hi again and sorry for the delay,

Before leaving I had prearranged shipping and the payment with Escrow.com Company (check Escrow.com ) so my presence in U.S isn't necessary(The car is in Virginia at a Naval base ready for delivery).The the price of car $6,300.00 includes all the shipping costs and insurance, so you won't have to pay any extra charges. Since I work with the Navy the delivery process is not an issue, I'll have the vehicle shipped at your home address in maximum 5 days.
Here is what I suggest: we will use Escrow.com service you make a down payment in an Escrow.com managed trust fund ( they hold the money until you receive the car ), I send the car over( the car will be delivered with the title, owner's manual, 2 sets of keys, service records, and of course the bill of sale authorised and signed by me),I will offer a 5 day period from the day you receive the vehicle, you can inspect it, take it to a mechanic to check it out, drive it and then if you decided to keep it, you'll confirm to Escrow.com the sale and they will send the payment to me. If, by any reason, you will not be satisfied with it ( even though I can assure you that it is exactly as described), you can return it at my expense for a full refund of your money, no questions asked.I think this is more than fair for the both of us.

NOTE: The payment is refundable, and is just a security measure, to make sure that you are serious, and that I am not going to ship the car, and loose time and money. The remaining balance will be paid in maximum one month.

If you are interested to go ahead with the deal, please reply with your full name, phone # and shipping address so I can ask Escrow.com to open a case! After, they will contact you explaining all the details regarding the payment.
I'm looking forward to hear from you.

Fred,

This car was last registered in Nevada. The registration is expired.
The Vin# is clear, with no liens.
It is on Craig's list in L.V., but now the car is in Virginia?
After shipping to Ca. and escrow fees, this guy will clear $2,000?
Escrow.com is NOW a godaddy.com domain name that anyone can buy for $15.00
This is a complete BS ad, and a scam to boot.:(

This car was last registered in Nevada. The registration is expired.
The Vin# is clear, with no liens.
It is on Craig's list in L.V., but now the car is in Virginia?
After shipping to Ca. and escrow fees, this guy will clear $2,000?
Escrow.com is NOW a godaddy.com domain name that anyone can buy for $15.00
This is a complete BS ad, and a scam to boot.:(

Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bomb::mad: