Love those VW bugs

All of sudden I'm feeling this urge to ride in a VW bug. Why is up with that?:amazed:

You are NUTZ I hated my sister's when it was new, and I consider it dangerous as hell because of a head on collision they had with it many decades ago...her husband got the SECOND in the world....stainless steel implant in his left femer and hip bone....best as was available some 50? years ago...

I distinctly remember trying to drive that thing, and the WW2 JEEP I learned HOW on was much easier to drive...IMO....

damn cut rate POS from the git go....

NADER needed a target it was THAT and the damn micro bus his hippy followers dearly loved on account of ignorance....

the only thing they EVER were good at was MPG.... and nothing else...

but then today, somehow they DO have a following...somehow...thin as it is...

:devil::devil::devil:

WOW! So tell us how do you really feel?

hey, the man walked with a pretty serious limp that a more substantial car could/would have prevented....but...well.....so he died some 30 years later in the mid 80's....but nothing related to the accident....
my sis said the drinking was brought on by the pains from the accident....

well one thing, they got enough of a 'settlement' from the other driver for to buy a new 65.5 mustang convertible, orange and 6 cyl........

which for a young couple in the 60's WTF, Don took the shot, and so that's it....

:flash:

3548b1ac12ac469.jpg
[/IMG]

WOW! So tell us how do you really feel?

hey, the man walked with a pretty serious limp that a more substantial car could/would have prevented....but...well.....so he died some 30 years later in the mid 80's....but nothing related to the accident....
my sis said the drinking was brought on by the pains from the accident....

well one thing, they got enough of a 'settlement' from the other driver for to buy a new 65.5 mustang convertible, orange and 6 cyl........

which for a young couple in the 60's WTF, Don took the shot, and so that's it....

:flash:
Don't get me wrong I know were you are coming from. I have been lucky and haven't had any family members in bad accidents, but I am on the local fire department and ems. I have seen some not so nice accidents and they aren't cool.

Only a real dickhead would want anything to do with a car like that......:bounce:

Eh, give it a lick, see how it drives....on the way HOME....:devil:

Wouldn't you want to check the oil first?:eek:h:

UHHHH....well if it passes the 'sniff test'....I suppose.....

without getting tooooooo clinical....

:flash::flash::waxer:

Me, I'd rather crank it up and see how it rides.:bounce::bump:

Only a real dickhead would want anything to do with a car like that......:bounce:

well I enjoy a rough hot ride with the top down.....

but sometimes a given route is better traveled with a smooth boat ride....and gently rocking.....

:devil:UNNN be back in a while, Linda is in trouble.....phone or no phone.....

Last edited:

UNNN be back in a while, Linda is in trouble.....phone or no phone.....

well I enjoy a rough hot ride with the top down.....

but sometimes a given route is better traveled with a smooth boat ride....and gently rocking.....

:devil:

Me,I'd idle it up a little to see how it sounds, do slow run through the gears, then slam the throddle down and power shift through the gears. Doing this as many times as it could take. :bounce::bump:

I always lived by the saying "Lower your standards to raise your average". That way you never know what you are going to be riding in. A fast hot burning ride one day and maybe a slow tug boat the next. Doesn't really matter as long as you keep finding new rides. Never really found one that wasn't fun.

I always lived by the saying "Lower your standards to raise your average". That way you never know what you are going to be riding in. A fast hot burning ride one day and maybe a slow tug boat the next. Doesn't really matter as long as you keep finding new rides. Never really found one that wasn't fun.

You deserve a :1st: for this post:D

Me,I'd idle it up a little to see how it sounds, do slow run through the gears, then slam the throddle down and power shift through the gears. Doing this as many times as it could take. :bounce::bump:

Yeah, sometimes even a 16 second run is a good one! :lol:

Yea, even a SLOW putt thru town would be better than none at all.:push:

I always start with the best looking rides and then work down to less desiable rides. Eventually you will get a ride. You just may have to close your eyes and hold your breath.:eek:h: