Interesting oil temps

big2bird

Charter Member, Founder Bird-Run, Cruise-In Bird-R
So now that my "Hecho en mexico" crate engine has 6,000 miles, I switched from plain old street Valvoline, to VR-1 10-30 Racing with the higher zinc level. 1,300PPM ZDDP. I took the car today to work, and the oil temps have gone up 10*, and that is with a larger filter. (No big deal)
Theory/hypothysis anyone?

Zinc is barrier protection (high load protection)

Are both oils the same visco?

So now that my "Hecho en mexico" crate engine has 6,000 miles, I switched from plain old street Valvoline, to VR-1 10-30 Racing with the higher zinc level. 1,300PPM ZDDP. I took the car today to work, and the oil temps have gone up 10*, and that is with a larger filter. (No big deal)

I would guess oil temp in the PAN, and if so, I have to say that's a good thing, as the oil is picking up more heat off the other parts.....

NO,?? smart guys??....:fishing::thumbs:

Yep 10-30 before and after. 210* is no biggie, it just struck me funny. Cool day, cruising OD about 65. Nothing special. Water temp same as always, 195*:bonkers:

I would guess oil temp in the PAN, and if so, I have to say that's a good thing, as the oil is picking up more heat off the other parts.....

NO,?? smart guys??....:fishing::thumbs:

Well, it's either transferring heat better, or it's causing heat rise. Dunno

Yep 10-30 before and after. 210* is no biggie, it just struck me funny. Cool day, cruising OD about 65. Nothing special. Water temp same as always, 195*:bonkers:

65f?? I got my heat on, long jeans, sweatshirt, hat and collar up....

:goodnight::(

65*f Hell man thats good sleeping weather,open up the windows in the house and everything is nice and comfy,it's going to have to drop another 10* before i even think of turning the heat on.